Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

M35 DD Heer

Article about: I will decice when i check this helmet specifically

The early BW ones can be pretty ordinary too .... then again, you could be right on - it DOES look quite rough
    Hmm........
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 DD Heer
    P
    Many

?

I reckon you have it bang on Dan, Just been looking at BW lids and the leather is same. The Chinese ones you can tell right away up close by the naff perforated holes in the tongues, These BW liners only had holes in the forehead area. It looks to me like some one has maybe artificially aged it though maybe to look like it is part of the original helmet? Cheers, Sean.

Thanks for help i will take this lid

my almost original first lid

?

Hey Helldude, Only just noticed the price for this lid. Well worth a buy for that friend! Cheers, Sean.

?

I'd strip the liner out of it as it doesn't belong with the helmet but for a couple hundred you can't go wrong really.

?

Do you not think the liner band & strap are original to the shell Doug? I thought they looked like they belong, Not the leather though as said. Cheers, Sean.

?

Hi Sean yes I think your right, the leather needs to go, I should have been more clear sorry
    Cheers
    Doug

?

No worries Doug I actually thought just after posting you most likely meant just the leather. Yeah I would pull it out too. Shame it has been so heavily cleaned but given the condition & what it is the price is very good. Cheers, Sean.

So when i get this lid remove this Bw leather ? and try get orginal from relic ?

?

I would say remove it like Doug said as its not WW2 period and the rest seems to be. Personally I would remove it and leave it as is but it's your choice, I just think you would be likely to damage original leather fitting it to the band. Cheers, Sean.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast