Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M35 DD Heer Camo, opinions needed please

Article about: Hi all, Been offered this lid off a veterans grandson but I am no expert in camo helmets to say the least. I have already asked for a better photo of the bird decal so will post that when I

Default M35 DD Heer Camo, opinions needed please

Hi all,
    Been offered this lid off a veterans grandson but I am no expert in camo helmets to say the least. I have already asked for a better photo of the bird decal so will post that when I get it. Helmet is an ET 62 LOT 5070 - I don't have access to the lot number database so if someone who does have it can take a look it would be greatly appreciated, good or bad? all opinions welcome,
    Cheers,
    Chris.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 DD Heer Camo, opinions needed please   M35 DD Heer Camo, opinions needed please  

M35 DD Heer Camo, opinions needed please   M35 DD Heer Camo, opinions needed please  

M35 DD Heer Camo, opinions needed please   M35 DD Heer Camo, opinions needed please  

Attached Images Attached Images M35 DD Heer Camo, opinions needed please  M35 DD Heer Camo, opinions needed please 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 DD Heer Camo, opinions needed please
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: M35 DD Heer Camo, opinions needed please

FWIW - My initial impressions of the paint and high point wear are not good. Macro close ups of decal and paint would most likely confirm this.
    Regards,
    John

Much better pics would be helpful, and it would be best if you can take them, not the grandson. I often wonder why so many grand kids are selling grand pops war items. What has happened to the veterans actual children? Why are these items skipping a generation when it comes to the marks place. Is this some kind of sad sap story? Or perhaps its legit and the parents are not tech savvy so they rely on their kids to list the items online. The first scenario seems to be the story most often encountered on Craig's list items. More times than not they are junk items listed by shady "grand kids".

I agree, the story is quite common with grandkids selling their Grandfathers war mementos online but the term 'kids' should be used loosely as generally the second generation of a WW2 veteran would be 30 years old + by now. I think the story of "It was my great uncles/grandfathers and has never been out the family" Is used quite frequently, and most of the time the item turns out to be utter garbage upon closer inspection.
    Thanks for your comments gents,
    Chris.

Hi,i too would be very wary of this one.It shows heavy wear and use to the liner and yet the outer shell shows little wear especially to the crown where you would expect to see alot of paint loss on a well used combat lid from being repeatedly placed on the ground.The eagle also looks as though it has the "rust" actually a part of it's constuction instead of it being bleed coming through from behind(where's the rust on the rest of the lid??)Unless the "grandson"wants to give you a cheap gift i would leave it well alone.

there looks likes there's a brass pin holding the liner to the band. next to his thumb in one of the photos

Good eye on the brass pin mate, you might be right there.

For what it's worth I don't like this one. As was said, the liner is shot but the paint is intact. It didn't stand up to my 5 second rule so I'd pass. Even without looking at the liner I don't get a warm fuzzy from the camo.

I'm sorry, save your money. The camo paint, inside shell paint and both decals are fake.

Thanks again for your observations, another one to "pass" on! Chris.