Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

M35 DD Heer - Q60 - Lot # 955 - Factory Made Reversible Splinter to White Camo Cover

Article about: I haven't posted a combat helmet in this section for a very long while, having been centered on civil and light weight pieces lately. I stumbled on to this one a few months ago, and just pic

Default M35 DD Heer - Q60 - Lot # 955 - Factory Made Reversible Splinter to White Camo Cover

I haven't posted a combat helmet in this section for a very long while, having been centered on civil and light weight pieces lately. I stumbled on to this one a few months ago, and just picked it up. It is a complete double decal M35 Heer, a pea head size Q 60, lot number 955, with the expected Big Foot adler and a sort of washed out, but not liberated, tri color . It has a 1940 dated strap and the reinforced aluminum banded liner has rounded chin strap bales. I bought it because of the camo cover - an unmarked but factory made splinter pattern cover reversible to white. The draw string is made of camo clothe, as Baer indicated was what was used. The cover fits the helmet like a glove and has considerable wear around the rim of the shell. I don't know if these components have been together since the War, but the way they fit I would not be surprised. Unfortunately, I have no provenance for the combo, but they go together well and make a great representative display. Hope you like it. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 DD Heer - Q60 - Lot # 955 - Factory Made Reversible Splinter to White Camo Cover   M35 DD Heer - Q60 - Lot # 955 - Factory Made Reversible Splinter to White Camo Cover  

M35 DD Heer - Q60 - Lot # 955 - Factory Made Reversible Splinter to White Camo Cover   M35 DD Heer - Q60 - Lot # 955 - Factory Made Reversible Splinter to White Camo Cover  

M35 DD Heer - Q60 - Lot # 955 - Factory Made Reversible Splinter to White Camo Cover   M35 DD Heer - Q60 - Lot # 955 - Factory Made Reversible Splinter to White Camo Cover  

M35 DD Heer - Q60 - Lot # 955 - Factory Made Reversible Splinter to White Camo Cover  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 DD Heer - Q60 - Lot # 955 - Factory Made Reversible Splinter to White Camo Cover
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Jim.

Stunning!!! I love it. Everything I like in a helmet. And I even like the size 60 (fits on a shelf better...LoL)

After getting my Waffen SS cover for my 50th I realized that I would eventually need one of theses as well. Still haven't found one yet.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

That's stunning Jim, a great combat helmet and what a fantastic cover! The decals look huge on such a small lid, but it is simply fantastic all ends up. Thanks for showing it. Leon.

MAP
    ?

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    ....The decals look huge on such a small lid....
    You are 100% correct. Something I never noticed before. But so obvious now that you pointed it out.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

That's a pretty cool find, must be rare to find that size as well.
    Any chance of seeing it alongside a size 66 for comparison?

I don't want to take the cover off again as the wear on the rim makes it vulnerable to more tearing. I will pop a few shots off next to a 66 and a 68 for comparison, but with the cover on the 60. Jim G.