Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M35 DD Re-Issue Project

Article about: Nice work, Ben. Big improvement :-) I recently stripped back an M35 shell of its 1970s Luftwaffe paintscheme and replica decals. The paint came off much easier than I anticipated, but unfort

Default M35 DD Re-Issue Project

This is a new addition to my collection. It's nothing fantastic appearance wise, but it's a neat lid. It's a M35 DD Heer re-issue. Looks to be a Q64, lot # unreadable. It was stripped and painted inside and out in textured paint, then a Heer decal was applied to the left side, then that was removed at some point. Maybe when they discontinued decal application, it's anyones guess. I have the liner frame, but it was not installed in the helmet when I got it. The leather liner was gone except for the wool pad. No chinstrap. I have a M31 liner (Norweigen used post-war) stripped of most of it's red dye that I will be using to replace what's left of the old liner. I also picked up a chin strap (pricey!) to complete the look. I'll update this with new pics as I place the components back into the lid to complete the project. Enjoy.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 DD Re-Issue Project   M35 DD Re-Issue Project  

M35 DD Re-Issue Project   M35 DD Re-Issue Project  

M35 DD Re-Issue Project  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 DD Re-Issue Project
    P
    Many

Default Re: M35 DD Re-Issue Project

41 or so views and no initial comments?

Alright, no comments thus far, but one "Like", thank you for that. Here she is all finished. The liner bands belonged to her. The liner was a post war Norway used liner, removed the red dye as best I could, which gave the leather a very nice weathered look which fits the well worn exterior very well, I think. The only downside to the liner was they punched six air holes at the front, bummer. But they aren't real obvious. The drawstring is a repro, which I may pull out and try to age a little better. The chinstrap is an original unmarked, but not to this helmet. She isn't the prettiest re-issued, but she has a lot of character and a well worn look. It was fun to rebuild her. Hope you like her.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 DD Re-Issue Project   M35 DD Re-Issue Project  

No comments?? Good, bad, indifferent?

?

I'll comment! this looks spectacular, you've done a brilliant job. Helmets are always vastly improved for a liner, sadly I have three and only one liner between them :/
    Very good work !

Robbie

?

I like it....nice to see her in this condition and the fact you had the parts available is fantastic.....it has encouraged me more to fit the liner that I of with my relic SS, which is not original to the helmet, with some relic, but useable liner pins I have on the way......at least this way the helmet cold be returned o it's original condition without damaging it....

A thoughtful and sensitive rebuild!!!

?

Nice restoration for an old veteran.

Ah, there you all are. I was beginning to worry you all might not like the restoration job. It was fun to do and it breathes a little bit of life into the helmet. Check out my M35 Lufty Christmas Gift that I restored with a Norweigan used liner and 1937 chinstrap. If you like this one, you will like that one. Thanks for the kind remarks, glad you all like her.

?

A Very Nice Job Well Done i like it

Nice restoration! I like it. I have 2 with liner bands but no liners/chinstraps. I should follow suit, get off my duff and start getting the pieces together to get them looking good like yours!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast