Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

M35 Double Decal Combat Police Helmet - ET62 - Lot # 3984

Article about: I haven't posted a combat helmet in a while and pulled this one out of storage last night. It is an M35 Combat Police helmet, ET62, with lot number 3984. It is one of those helmets originall

Default M35 Double Decal Combat Police Helmet - ET62 - Lot # 3984

I haven't posted a combat helmet in a while and pulled this one out of storage last night. It is an M35 Combat Police helmet, ET62, with lot number 3984. It is one of those helmets originally intended to be issued as a double decal Heer, but was re decaled and issued as a Combat Police helmet. I think this was done before it ever left the factory because it still has the original factory applied apple green smooth green parade paint. Oddly, it has a zinc banded liner with pig skin leather. The liner is too tightly installed for me to be able to photograph, or even read the date. I think it was a period replacement as the exterior of the piece shows what I believe to be pretty heavy wear, and all three split rivets have washers that do not exhibit evidence of having been re bent. I checked the GHW lot number database and found one other ET M35 with the same lot number. That piece is listed as an ET64, and is a double decal Kreigsmarine. This one isn't mint by any stretch of the imagination, but I like it because of its quirky characteristics mentioned above. Hope you like it, Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 Double Decal Combat Police Helmet - ET62 - Lot # 3984   M35 Double Decal Combat Police Helmet - ET62 - Lot # 3984  

M35 Double Decal Combat Police Helmet - ET62 - Lot # 3984   M35 Double Decal Combat Police Helmet - ET62 - Lot # 3984  

M35 Double Decal Combat Police Helmet - ET62 - Lot # 3984   M35 Double Decal Combat Police Helmet - ET62 - Lot # 3984  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Double Decal Combat Police Helmet - ET62 - Lot # 3984
    P
    Many

very nice.
    chris

Hi Jim, you must have one hell of a big shed to keep pulling gems like this out of! Another super lid, and just console yourself with the fact that if the rest of the Police over decals flake off, you have a top end DD HEER!! Leon.

very nice helmet with a bonus decal.

MAP
    ?

Beautiful Jim. I like it.

Leon: I think it's a magic top hat he keeps pulling these out of. Gotta get one of these myself

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)