Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M35 Double Decal Combat Police Helmet - ET62 - Lot # 4392

Article about: I have had this one for over 20 years. I was offered a "Water Police" helmet by a local collector, a crusty old guy named George Knopf, gone now, who had an enormous and varied col

Default M35 Double Decal Combat Police Helmet - ET62 - Lot # 4392

I have had this one for over 20 years. I was offered a "Water Police" helmet by a local collector, a crusty old guy named George Knopf, gone now, who had an enormous and varied collection. His house was like a museum, and I was one of a few that he would invite over from time to time. The Police decal on this one has a real gold tint in hand, and we were both convinced it was the elusive "Water Police" example. Alas, it is only a very heavily toned standard ET Police Adler, but fairly intact. The Party Shield a bit less well preserved, and the paint shows age, but the exterior is fairly representative. The liner is a bit dry, and the chinstrap, on the piece when I bought it, is not period. George had hundreds of post War West German straps he bought at the Stratford Gun Show in the 80's and used to add them to any helmet missing a strap. The 2 helmets I bought from him have the same strap, and I have just left them on. Anyway, this one isn't a beauty, and certainly not a Water Police, it just is what it is. Hope you like it, Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 Double Decal Combat Police Helmet - ET62 - Lot # 4392   M35 Double Decal Combat Police Helmet - ET62 - Lot # 4392  

M35 Double Decal Combat Police Helmet - ET62 - Lot # 4392   M35 Double Decal Combat Police Helmet - ET62 - Lot # 4392  

M35 Double Decal Combat Police Helmet - ET62 - Lot # 4392   M35 Double Decal Combat Police Helmet - ET62 - Lot # 4392  

M35 Double Decal Combat Police Helmet - ET62 - Lot # 4392  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Double Decal Combat Police Helmet - ET62 - Lot # 4392
    P
    Many

Hi Jim, nice to know the story behind this one.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I really like the look to this one Jim, beautifully toned decals. A super helmet. Leon.

nice helmet and story.

?

A very nice example.

?

Its as you say Jim, a decent, honest been there lid with pretty good decals, nice one to have

You say its not a beauty. I disagree. Very nice!!!

MAP
    ?

I'm liking these more and more and yours is a great "been there" lid. Love it!

Got to upgrade mine!

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)