Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

M35 Double Decal Combat Police Helmet for opinions

Article about: Hi folks, I'm considering a combat police helmet, and wanted to see if there are any flags with this one? It's stamped ET64 Price is in the ballpark of \\$1000, which is within a couple hundre

MAP
    ?

You can stop taking the antacid now....

Agree 100% + another 50% with what Slados has said. The provenance makes this one a keeper. But if you want to upgrade just let me know.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Double Decal Combat Police Helmet for opinions
    P
    Many

I bought a cheap USB microscope and have been playing around taking some photos. Here are some closeups of this helmets decals:

P.S. Time and experience make for a good bit of perspective. I've bought another helmet since this one, picked up a book on them, and watched the posts and sales threads around the internet forums, learned more about helmets, and these M35's are clearly what people really look for. It certainly is a lot better helmet than I thought it was. Nice decals, even though they're a little crackly under the microscope. I was hoping for a little more definition between the red and white roundel on the party decal under magnification so people could see the print lines there, but I guess I'll have to circle back around to that on the next police helmet I buy.

As for the microscope, I've already had $13 worth of fun from it.

the photos look great only small , does it not allow you to expand the photo size ?

What magnification are we seeing ?

Hey Frank! This is where the "cheap" part comes in. It allows for digital image size resolution increase, but not hardware based resolution increase really. The small image looks like it just gets blown up bigger when I select higher image resolutions. I think the native resolution is 640x480 though after playing with it more, so I could go a little bigger than what I posted here.

I just need to get a better microscope down the road. I really just bought this microscope because it was really cheap, and thought it would be fun to look at bugs, leaves, etc. with my kid, and to get a feel for how these work for my TR collecting. The microscope says it's 50-500x magnification. I'm suspicious of that claim. That said, the above photos were taken around 450x magnification based on the device. I can't be precise though, because the spinning wheel for the microscope's magnifier is not labeled in increments.

MAP
    ?

Don't believe the magnification claims on these. Optical magnification is much lower, in the 50 x range if I remember but even at this level they provide much much more detail than any camera. I use mine all the time.

I like what I can see. Nice crackling.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6