Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M35 Double decal Heer

Article about: Nice lid, would love a 60. I agree with you there Dave, could quite possibly be a corpse cut with the strap and blood staining. That lufty in my avatar pic has a fantastic outer but inside i

Default M35 Double decal Heer

Got this one a couple of years ago. I jumped on it because it was an EF which still remains one of the more hard to find makers.
    I suspect the chinstrap is cut and I even think the staining at the front of the leather could be blood. At least this is what I always have believed.

The decal style mimmicks the ET style we see so often but it's not quite the same. Construction and silver content is quite different , it is also less robust than the decals found on ET and SE helmets of the same period.

The helmet has a name in pencil on the skirt , a name on the leather and what appear to be initials painted in the crown.
    There's 1938 Werner Zahn liner band in it and a 1939 Rahm und Kampmann chinstrap.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Double decal Heer
    P
    Many

Default Re: M35 Double decal Heer

Great lid!
    The flat brim is quite distinctive. I love the gloss colour to these M35s.

What more could you ask for....Beautiful.

Terrific lid.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Nice lid, but are you saying your unsure of the authenticity of the decals, or that it's just a variation you haven't come across before?

?

Very nice Frank it's always nice to see a good example of the EF !! It still retains that lovely early sheen to the paintwork that soon disappeared.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by AMTG View Post
    Nice lid, but are you saying your unsure of the authenticity of the decals, or that it's just a variation you haven't come across before?
    Neither...
    I was trying to explain that this decal is a lesser known variation and how it differs with decals used on ET and SE that are similar in graphic.

?

Thanks...

4md
    ?

excellent DD, a real nice one

?

Thats a very nice DD Frank, i presume that it could even be a corpse cut judging by the possibility of blood and chin strap cut, its amazing that on some of these "corpse cut " helmets that very little damage is actually seen to the lid itself and yet the liner could be stained heavily

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast