Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

M35 Double Decal Luftschutz Polizei - NS62 - Intersting Lot # E.6

Article about: Hi All, I posted this one up on GHWII this morning with this narrative: "I bought this one from Bill Shea's paper catalogue in 1991 and haven't looked at it for many years. When I pulle

Default M35 Double Decal Luftschutz Polizei - NS62 - Intersting Lot # E.6

Hi All, I posted this one up on GHWII this morning with this narrative:

"I bought this one from Bill Shea's paper catalogue in 1991 and haven't looked at it for many years. When I pulled it out earlier this week I noticed the curious bordered Police Adler. I do not remember the green in the bird being there years ago, and back then I didn't notice that the graphics of the Police decal are somewhat at variance with standard Police decals. These are not NS Police decals for sure but in hand they look right to me. I have had this one for 25 years and have always thought it was original in all respects, but... All comments are welcome. Jim G."

The first reply was from Don L.:

"Interesting helmet Jim, I like it and I have one just like it,
    Regards,
    Don"

With his response I am quite confident that this one is right. Those who know Don or know who he is certainly understand why I accept his imprimatur - he and Al B. are about as knowledgeable about civic TR lids as anyone on the planet. Anyway, here it is, hope you like it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 Double Decal Luftschutz Polizei - NS62 - Intersting Lot # E.6   M35 Double Decal Luftschutz Polizei - NS62 - Intersting Lot # E.6  

M35 Double Decal Luftschutz Polizei - NS62 - Intersting Lot # E.6   M35 Double Decal Luftschutz Polizei - NS62 - Intersting Lot # E.6  

M35 Double Decal Luftschutz Polizei - NS62 - Intersting Lot # E.6   M35 Double Decal Luftschutz Polizei - NS62 - Intersting Lot # E.6  

M35 Double Decal Luftschutz Polizei - NS62 - Intersting Lot # E.6  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Double Decal Luftschutz Polizei - NS62 - Intersting Lot # E.6
    P
    Many

interesting , I would be all over it with the USB microscope.

I wish I was a bit more computer able. Don L. posted pictures of the decals on his example in the corresponding GHWII thread I started yesterday. His also is an NS64, lot number E.7. The decals are identical in graphics to the ones on the this helmet, and there is a green field behind the swastika, and some green on the bird's chest and some in the wreath as well. If you can log on to GHWII check out the thread, the decals are identical. Mine has been in my possession for 25 years. The same manufacture - NS. The same decals. The similar lot number - E.6 (mine) vs E.7 (Don's). I am now SURE they are correct. Jim G.

MAP
    ?

Going over there now Jim. Very interesting. What are your thoughts? Misprinted decal or deliberate? I'm a noob when it comes to decals try as I might...

Interesting how the decal appears to have touched the bottom of the vent hole as well. Looks almost like paint (I'm not equating this to a CH )
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)