Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M35 DRK Helmet

Article about: Hello All, Helmets are entirely new for me but I am considering the attached piece for my DRK collection. Unfortunately I don't yet have images beyond these but I believe this is an original

Default M35 DRK Helmet

Hello All,

Helmets are entirely new for me but I am considering the attached piece for my DRK collection. Unfortunately I don't yet have images beyond these but I believe this is an original M35 DRK without problems. Can someone help me out with what these tend to go for? This example is being offered for $400 all included which seems a good price.

Any and all opinions and help much appreciated!

Best,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 DRK Helmet   M35 DRK Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 DRK Helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: M35 DRK Helmet

Also, no visible markings inside but liner is marked 57 for size.

Gruß,
    Adam

A view of the opposite side of this helmet. Paint appears original to my eyes. Any comments or advice from helmet collectors here woul dbe most appreciated

Best,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 DRK Helmet  

The color is good, the liner and chin strap look right. Regarding the decal, some question whether the round bottom DRK decals are right. I am not sure, but some that I have seen seem to have the right characteristics of manufacture and graphics. The price is very good if the piece is original. A similar example, with the same decal, sold on a very reputable dealer's site for more than twicee price. It may be worth the shot. Jim G.

?

These arent M35 helmets per se , they are of a similar design but there were 9 basic shell types, yours looks to be the curved dip version with civic liner that has the neck guard tabs attached, the one thing thats strange is that there are only 6 holes in the vents whereas the norm was 7, i dont know if anyone else has seen 6 hole vents but i havent, the exclusion of the seventh hole is strange as it looks as if it just wasnt drilled, id like Jim to have a look at this one and comment on what he sees

This is the helmet off a well known helmet site and is well documented, I havent heard anything bad about it but as mentioned above there has always been debate on the Decal having a round bottom but the author of the site likes it.
    Dan

Hello Guys,

Many thanks for the responses so far. I wasn't aware of the decal rounded vs. square bottom issue. Seems that this might be the only contentious point with this helmet? I haven't seen many of these but here is another from Craig Gottlieb's site for us to compare with: Red Cross Helmet

Thanks for the help

Adam

Hi Mate
    This is where this helmet was originally being sold:
    World War II German Helmets - Buy the BEST HERE!

The website is a good one there is no problem with that.
    I am surprice about the price that is very low for a DRK helmet.
    I would really like to see pictures of the decal.I am surprice that there is no decal pictures to me that is a red flag.
    Where is the proof it came from that site.
    I would really like to see more pictures of this helmet.
    Chris

Hi guys,

Thanks again for the responses. Indeed it seems to be a good helmet however as Chris says the price seems just so low. Thank you for the link Dan. If this is indeed the same helmet I am suspcious why it is now being offered for less than half the original price. Excited about a potential steal of a deal here, however I am guarded and will to ask for a better photo of the decal.

Best,
    Adam

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast