Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M35 EF66 40 dated chin strap, opinins for purchasing First Helmet

Article about: by ObKrieger I'd jump on it, personally. It has character. It has character for sure, and for \\$300, isn't too bad a lid. In the end, it's up to you whether to buy it or not of course Brad.

Default M35 EF66 40 dated chin strap, opinins for purchasing First Helmet

Im am considering purchasing this helmet from a member of the GHW forum, please let me know your opinions. This will be my first German helmet!!!
    -Ben

M35 EF66 40 dated chin strap, opinins for purchasing First HelmetM35 EF66 40 dated chin strap, opinins for purchasing First HelmetM35 EF66 40 dated chin strap, opinins for purchasing First HelmetM35 EF66 40 dated chin strap, opinins for purchasing First HelmetM35 EF66 40 dated chin strap, opinins for purchasing First Helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 EF66 40 dated chin strap, opinins for purchasing First Helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: M35 EF66 40 dated chin strap, opinins for purchasing First Helmet

That's an interesting over paint... Judging by the chinstrap, it may have been "corpse cut".

Note it was painted black and then restored, that is why there are black marks

Quote by AmericanKraut View Post
    Note it was painted black and then restored, that is why there are black marks
    Noted! Thanks for the info . If it was a reissue, then I take back my "corpse cut" comment.

When you say restored do you mean just the black taken off or new paint applied? Its interesting to see the liner band is right for an M35 and only looks like it was painted externally, so might not have been re issued. Do you have any more info on it? Trying to work out where the black came from as it doesn't look to be a Czech or Norwegian rework, all I can think of is its a vet bringback that been painted black by him or its may have been one of the mysterious black painted lids that pop up now and then.

How much is he asking for it?

Cheers
    Jason

It could have been vet or civilian painted and the black was removed, no paint added. I actually am leaning toward civilian paint postwar since there are a few letters scratched into the inside paint as if a kid was marking it theirs or playing with it. I will talk to the seller about the black paints occurrence. Im negotiating around 300$ for it is that a fair price?
    Thanks for the responses.

What color is this helmet grey or some type of silver.
    I do not have a good opinion on this helmet maybe better pictures.
    chris

It is grey via 1940 repaint, It may be shinier than it was though since all of the top coat of post war paint has not come off?
    Thanks for thoughts I dont want to end up with a bad helmet again

Hi,i would go for a post war re-paint on the black stuff.Maybe a biker or the like wanted to look meaner than his original light grey was achieving! !It,s ok as a restored lid goes,i have seen alot worse but if you have saved $300 already i would wait a little for a better one,quality un-messed with lids always win out even if they are a touch more expensive.You will not need to add much extra cash for a nice non decal M40 in original condition,good luck either way.

I'd jump on it, personally. It has character.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast