Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M35 ET lot#601

Article about: Any idea what branch of service would be a m35 ET lot# 601. Thanks, Marty

Default M35 ET lot#601

Any idea what branch of service would be a m35 ET lot# 601.
    Thanks, Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 ET lot#601
    P
    Many

If you can wait until I get home after work ( unless someone does sooner ) I will check my lot number book to see if there is something. Remember it is only a guide as to what others were made and could have been any branch really. Its not definitive.

Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Being that early it was probably a double decal Heer, maybe a double decal luftwaffe or kriegsmarine. No way to tell since there really isn't a definite lot number/branch correlation.

I was not sure if there was/is a way to tell the branch, but you will not know if you don't ask.

Ok I'm home now Marty. Are you sure it's a M35 & not a M40?
    Because according to my lot number book ET M35 helmets started at 4 digits and up .
    In November/ December 1940 they started back from #1 and #601 would have been from 1941.
    There is a #599 and a #602 listed - both are SD luftwaffe but then #603 is a SS ... so go figure?

Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Dan, lot number is totally wrong. I have trouble seeing it and I had my son looking at it last night, that is where is came up with that number. I called him and had him take it outside and look at the number in the sunlight, he now tells me it is a 40. I guess it is now a m35 et lot#40. Yes it is a m35 and you can not tell the maker it is covered up. The way I was trying to tell to determine the maker was looking at the vent and the liner pin.

If it's an M40, there are a lot of SS's in that range.