Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M35 ET62 DD Police Lot # 3592

Article about: OK....yes this was purchased under some serious peer pressure from Andy and Nick and David. But it made sense so I can't blame them. First, it was an M35 DD Police - One that I needed to com

MAP
    ?

Default M35 ET62 DD Police Lot # 3592

OK....yes this was purchased under some serious peer pressure from Andy and Nick and David.

But it made sense so I can't blame them. First, it was an M35 DD Police - One that I needed to complete my M35 collection (I'm not including an M35 DD SS as that will never happen). Second, it is a ET62. Matching my Heer and KM M35's.

So here it is:

An apple green M35 ET62 DD Police, Lot #3592

Reinforced aluminum liner band (Werner Zahn) dated 1937, dome stamp dated 1937. Named to a HauptWachMstr E. Fischer.

Full chinstrap but with steel buckle. So not original. When and who replaced it we will never know.

Decals are in great shape with some minor (to me) scratches through the borderless Police decal. Liner is in good shape. Leather is a bit thin (typical with these early ET's - Thanks David), and while not "soft" it still is flexible.

Paint condition is the biggest drawback but still solid showing most of the apple green paint.

So all in all a nice A- / B+ helmet

Photos are sub par. Quickly photographed as the sun was setting.....

Enjoy!

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 ET62 DD Police Lot # 3592
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

And a few photos of the Fab 4 and three Amigos

Fab 4

Three "ET62" Amigos

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Michael, she’s a beautiful helmet and one that anyone would be proud to own. I like scratches, that character and true use, each one has its own story.
    You’re to hard on yourself, great pictures and the yard looks great.

Congratulations,
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

TWS
    ?

What can I say? Love at first sight.

Congratulations amigo, that is one tasty helmet.

(Actually four)
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

MAP
    ?

Thanks Gents.

It was an impulse purchase. I had that gap on the shelf and this fit in nicely

Going to be tough to pick for my 2019 submission for Helmet of the Year competition Maybe I'll modify the rules a bit........ LoL
    Last edited by MAP; 09-10-2019 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Typo

Very nice lid for sharing, thank you. I do not get to see lids in that condition very often.
    PS very nice grouping of lids.
    John

MAP
    ?

Quote by Rescue190 View Post
    Very nice lid for sharing, thank you. I do not get to see lids in that condition very often.
    PS very nice grouping of lids.
    John
    Thanks John. Glad you enjoyed it. I loved seeing them all lined up when taking the photos but the sun was quickly going down so didn't have much time to stage the photos well

Very nice helmet looks like it was just picked up from ww2 yesterday.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Giants77 View Post
    Very nice helmet looks like it was just picked up from ww2 yesterday.
    Thanks Canyon.

This helmet definitely saw a lot of use.... The liner has become a bit loose and the felt under the liner has worn away in spots.

So certainly not a shelf queen, but at the same time not abused.

At one time there appears to have had a name tag pasted to the dome on top of the stamp....but that is long gone now.

Hey Michael, so when are we going to pull out the .338 and take some iron sight pot shots 800m?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast