Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

M35 ET62 KM Lot # 3565

Article about: A nice named ET62 M35 apple green DD Kriegsmarine helmet. Lot #3565. Early 1937 dated Werner Zahn liner band. No dome stamp visible. The name tag is under the liner. Appears to be "Neun

MAP
    ?

Default M35 ET62 KM Lot # 3565

A nice named ET62 M35 apple green DD Kriegsmarine helmet. Lot #3565. Early single band 1937 dated Werner Zahn liner band. No dome stamp visible.

The name tag is under the liner. Appears to be "Neun" (or potentially "Reun")

This helmet has the classic two layer ET KM Decal in near perfect shape with one small chip in the upper left. The National Shield decal in 97%.

Despite the excellent decals, the helmet was not a shelf queen. It is a worn example with some scratches and rust but overall in excellent condition. Leather liner is partially darkened due to the soldiers "pomade". Chin strap is present but heavily used and shortened.

This is an extremely early helmet KM helmet. It was part of the first run of 20k M35 DD KM helmet. The requisition was put in late 1937 for their manufacturer, and first the batch was delivered in early 1938.

M35 ET62 KM Lot # 3565

M35 ET62 KM Lot # 3565

M35 ET62 KM Lot # 3565

M35 ET62 KM Lot # 3565

M35 ET62 KM Lot # 3565

M35 ET62 KM Lot # 3565

M35 ET62 KM Lot # 3565

M35 ET62 KM Lot # 3565

M35 ET62 KM Lot # 3565

M35 ET62 KM Lot # 3565

M35 ET62 KM Lot # 3565

M35 ET62 KM Lot # 3565

M35 ET62 KM Lot # 3565

M35 ET62 KM Lot # 3565
    Last edited by MAP; 08-28-2019 at 12:50 AM.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 ET62 KM Lot # 3565
    P
    Many

Sweet KM helmet Michael .👍
    The only bad thing is that isn't on my shelf
    😬

MAP
    ?

Quote by sysyphus View Post
    Sweet KM helmet Michael .��
    The only bad thing is that isn't on my shelf
    ��
    Why is it every time I say that to you...you ignore me

Thanks! The name tag was a surprise. No one knew it was there until I stuck a little mirror under the liner and then my heart skipped a beat.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Why is it every time I say that to you...you ignore me

Thanks! The name tag was a surprise. No one knew it was there until I stuck a little mirror under the liner and then my heart skipped a beat.

Lol...you're right.

The name tag is just the cherry on top of the cake. Well done discovering it.

Nice pick-up. But already told you that.
    Enjoy !!
    D.

MAP
    ?

Quote by real steel View Post
    Nice pick-up. But already told you that.
    Enjoy !!
    D.
    Many times. You know I couldn't stop talking about it. Must of gotten annoying

MAP
    ?

A few "in door photos"

M35 ET62 KM Lot # 3565

M35 ET62 KM Lot # 3565

A great example of an incredibly rare helmet. Glad it landed on your shelf. Jim G.

TWS
    ?

That's Neun. Capital N and R are very close but an "R" would have a little crossbar.

I don't collect KM, but I do collect helmets and that is a nice gem you have there!
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

MAP
    ?

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    A great example of an incredibly rare helmet. Glad it landed on your shelf. Jim G.
    Thanks Jim. I'm happy too. Do you still own that stunning ET62 example that looks like it was made yesterday?

Quote by TWS View Post
    That's Neun. Capital N and R are very close but an "R" would have a little crossbar.

I don't collect KM, but I do collect helmets and that is a nice gem you have there!
    Thanks Todd. Yes. I'm of the opinion it is an N as well. Either way, it appears to be a very rare name. I did some quick google searches and found a website that listed less than 1,000 in Germany, 250 in Chile, 225 in Argentina and around 60 in the US. Wish I could search the KM roles from the war. Apparently this helmet was sourced out of Norway a number of years ago.

Here it is with my other M35's that I picked up this year. Heer, Luft and KM. Now all I need is a Police and SS in similar condition with A+ decals LoL

M35 ET62 KM Lot # 3565

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast