Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

M35 ET64 GI Art

Article about: I have this posted on GHW, so it will look familiar to Doug, but I wanted to share it here also. I recently obtained this helmet, with the hopes that it's good GI art, with battle damage as

Default M35 ET64 GI Art

I have this posted on GHW, so it will look familiar to Doug, but I wanted to share it here also. I recently obtained this helmet, with the hopes that it's good GI art, with battle damage as a bonus. I do not believe this is a camo helmet, WITH GI art, I think the camo is part of the GI art. It is an M35 ET64 Lot# 4498. I can't see any traces of original decals under the camo paint, but maybe they are there and I can't pick them up. Brush strokes are evident all throughout the paint. The green paint has some runs that show under the black and red paint. In the damaged area, the green paint runs into the hole, but care was not taken to actually paint the pieces of steel protruding into the dome. Some green paint has run down into the dome. It does not smell of new paint. Unfortunately, only one split pin remains and no liner or bands. I placed a standard sized SD card next to the damage to give an idea of the size. I apologize if the photos are grainy; I used the best camera I had available when I had the time to take some snapshots. I can take better photos if need be, but it might not be until the end of this week. Thank you for your comments and enjoy!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 ET64 GI Art   M35 ET64 GI Art  

M35 ET64 GI Art   M35 ET64 GI Art  

M35 ET64 GI Art  
    Last edited by MD Helmets; 03-13-2012 at 03:58 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 ET64 GI Art
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: M35 ET64 GI Art

cool GI camo - what a headache from that battle damage - blew the liner right out

24 hours later, 80 views and only one comment? I think this thread fell through the cracks, lol. Thanks for the reply mdk220. Gonna need more than an aspirin to cure that headache.

?

I wonder if the hole was due to a pickaxe at the end of the war?

Quote by doomtown View Post
    I wonder if the hole was due to a pickaxe at the end of the war?
    LOL, that's being discussed on GHW now, or did you already see that? IMO, I would say no, because the hole isn't very uniformed to fit the head of a pick ax. It looks more like something smashed its way through than poked its way through. But that's all part of the mystery.