Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M35 ET64 Tan Camo Helmet shell

Article about: Here’s a tan re-painted example. Who and when repainted it I do not know. Look and make you own mind up. The shell has some scratches and remains dent free. The side of the interior of the s

Default M35 ET64 Tan Camo Helmet shell

Here’s a tan re-painted example. Who and when repainted it I do not know. Look and make you own mind up. The shell has some scratches and remains dent free. The side of the interior of the shell is stamped "ET64". It is also lot numbered "2158".

Looking for some feedback. I found this piece really interesting since reading about the so called tropical helmets...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 ET64 Tan Camo Helmet shell   M35 ET64 Tan Camo Helmet shell  

M35 ET64 Tan Camo Helmet shell   M35 ET64 Tan Camo Helmet shell  

M35 ET64 Tan Camo Helmet shell   M35 ET64 Tan Camo Helmet shell  

Attached Images Attached Images M35 ET64 Tan Camo Helmet shell 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 ET64 Tan Camo Helmet shell
    P
    Many

My thoughts ( for what they're worth )

1) An odd chipping effect that to me looks more deliberate than happenstance.
    2) It seems to have had a brown "wash" over the tan ( more prevalent in the last image ) but maybe just an age effect?
    3) liner out and replaced after painting of course with what looks like early brass rivets?

That said, there is too much fiddling to get me very excited over it I'm afraid ......

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

The paint bubbling on the skirt appears to have been done with spray paint. I would expect a period camo helmet to have paint brushed on with the liner remaining intact. As Dan suggests, the liner came out and went back in. A good shell with a post war "Africa" paint job would be my guess. At this point, it might be good for reenacting or perhaps a restoration job. NH

Thanks and I am pretty sure liner went out when it was refurbished. As to bubbling - you get that even with a brush - paint run off.
    I was told it comes from Czechoslovak warehouse meant for southern front - those helmets were discussed on WAF and have nothing to do with North Africa.

Quote by meyle77 View Post
    Thanks and I am pretty sure liner went out when it was refurbished. As to bubbling - you get that even with a brush - paint run off.
    I was told it comes from Czechoslovak warehouse meant for southern front - those helmets were discussed on WAF and have nothing to do with North Africa.
    I have heard that story before too but I am not sure I believe it to be true. Still, a good shell to be sure. NH

This one is not from the so called southern front batch for which I have not seen any justifiable proof.
    The helmet that started this topic is a post war repaint.

Hi, certainly not a period tan cammo. Apart from the shade looking well off, take a look at the liner pin head on the 4th image down, the tan has been "chipped" away before the liner was even put back! There really is nothing here to suggest a period cammo paint job imo. Leon.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    This one is not from the so called southern front batch for which I have not seen any justifiable proof.
    The helmet that started this topic is a post war repaint.
    I 100% agree. Jim G.

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    I 100% agree. Jim G.
    I 100% agree. David

Thanks - I was intrigued by the helmet after reading the southern front helmet thread on waf along with some other research. I don't think it was meant to be a camo but more of a refurb in tan (czechoslovak pre-war paint).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast