Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

M35 ET66 DD Luftwaffe Mint condition. Opinons needed quick!

Article about: I'm studying the photos to see if this is a good helmet, but the seller already has an offer and is looking to sell quick. Can I get some opinions on it being authentic? The chinstrap markin

ian
    ?

Default Re: M35 ET66 DD Luftwaffe Mint condition. Opinons needed quick!

well for what its worth IMO i think its a good one and as near mint as it gets ,,,without wining the lottery
    cheers ian

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

i cant make out the name fully, it might help to get a better picture, or to gently sprinkle chalk dust over it then wipe away leaving the name clearer

?

Datrus you are correct on the size of the Helmet it is a Quist 66 and as there is a folded crease on the decal on my M40 as well as the swastika has a little droop to it .Possibly I should have worded my post a little diffrent to point out the fact that application errors are common place with Luftwaffe decals .

Regards Mark K

?

Thank you for the info. Did not know that they had problems with LW decals. Made not like it.

?

No problem thank you for the quick Reply before I purchased this helmet I did a little research on application errors on Luftwaffe Decals as I was concerned my self and found a few photos of them with app errors .My M40 Luftwaffe helmet was one of my very first posts to this Forum and I was reashured by the membership that they were quite common in the area of the swastika as well further research has shown me that missing tips on the wings as well as slight bends to the ends of the wings were common place as well.

Regards Mark K

Sooo, I have one post that says the decals are "crap". Anyone else agree with that? I thought the decals looked authentic based on good examples on other helmets. The helmet does look small compared to the thumb of the person holding the helmet. Im thinking that is just an illusion? I'm still on the fence about this helmet.

It's an excellent example of a decent DD Luftwaffe M35. I rather like the flaw in the decal, myself-it makes the swaz look like it's goose-stepping. Bottomline= it's genuine, unmessed-with ,original and in decent shape. William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

i said it was crap because the eagle decal looks to have been applied over the wear look at pictureClick image for larger version. 

Name:	decal 1.jpg 
Views:	629 
Size:	111.2 KB 
ID:	259343
    also the swastika is not straight at all in my eyes at the bottom (now i think i might be wrong or no ones noticed it)

tom

As someone earlier pointed out, application errors are common with Luftwaffe decals. It's perfectly normal. The helmet is 100% original.

And a happy 2,000th post to me, lol

in that case i will bow down to superior knowledge (and i learnt on the way) thanks

tom

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast