Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

M35 harness and camo

Article about: I n my collection im always swapping over camo harness ect on my helmets ,i think it freshens up the collection a little.i have most of the examples of the way german soldiers used to hold t

Default M35 harness and camo

I n my collection im always swapping over camo harness ect on my helmets ,i think it freshens up the collection a little.i have most of the examples of the way german soldiers used to hold the foliage to the helmets.,first is the bread bag strap,it looks greta on the helmets and i like the leather insert and the way the hook catches the rim.i have a genuine thick mesh helmet netalso.i put chicken wire on them ,but this is modern stuff.also you see soldiers with simple string tied the way the bread strap lies.,and i do that to the helmets.cutting a white sheet up as the germans did is the easiest way to get a snow camo cover.to any guys who dont i would recomned doing it now and then,the helmets look great dispalyed the way we seen a lot of them in period photos.i would be interested to know if anyof you camo up the helmets or not.ps i love getting twigs and foliage from the garden and applyng them to the camo harnesess this looks great also.......

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 harness and camo
    P
    Many

Default Re: M35 harness and camo

well personally i wouldnt ever do that to mine (if i had helmets with wire baskets and bread straps) only because it would tinker with the fact that it has probably been on the helmet wince the end of wwii... it would be almost like switching around chinstraps lol.

Default Re: M35 harness and camo

Obkrieger fair enough i see your point.for me to just display them without any harnesses of the different types wouldnt suit.in fairness most of mine are relics and i understamd guys with helmets in good condition wouldnt want to do this neccacarilly!