Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M35 Heer camo for review

Article about: Hi guys, I came across this camo helmet and I want to hear your honest opinions on it please. Seller just sent me pictures from the left side where the decal is under the lair of paint. Than

?

Default M35 Heer camo for review

Hi guys, I came across this camo helmet and I want to hear your honest opinions on it please.
    Seller just sent me pictures from the left side where the decal is under the lair of paint.
    Thanks for looking and your time.

Kris.

M35 Heer camo for reviewM35 Heer camo for reviewM35 Heer camo for reviewM35 Heer camo for reviewM35 Heer camo for reviewM35 Heer camo for reviewM35 Heer camo for reviewM35 Heer camo for reviewM35 Heer camo for reviewM35 Heer camo for reviewM35 Heer camo for reviewM35 Heer camo for reviewM35 Heer camo for reviewM35 Heer camo for reviewM35 Heer camo for review

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Heer camo for review
    P
    Many

It's odd to have 2 drawstrings, and they look like yarn

It's not unusual to see make shift draw strings. They weren't the strongest part of the helmet. And they had to carry the weight of the helmet and the force of the head pushing back against the liner.

?

Okay thank you guys, but what about the rest of the helmet?

I'm not one to really comment on liners I'm no expert on them yet, your probably right! I have seen many make shift things done before

The think the liner is original. I'm 50/50 on the paint.

Hi , Kris , it looks as though this one is an M35 that was factory refurbished to the 1940 standard as the "chinstrap bales" look a touch rounded to me , not square. As for the "cammo" , that is really tough to call. There are a couple of areas where the tan paint has rested into areas of chipping but that could just be the result of the wear before the cammo was applied. As far as cammo's go I think this stands a chance but you really need to have it in hand as there are so many helmets that look good in pictures but are plainly fake when you hold them. Leon.

?

I have seen liners rigged up similar to his before, so the string is no problem IMO.
    The paint looks ok in some pics, but not in others, so I am on the fence as to it's originality.
    It could just be the pics, but I don't like the area over and around where the decal is, or where some of the damage appears to have been painted.
    I am no expert, and as Leon says, an in hand study would give a better feel.

Brad.

The liner cord is not immediately an issue as the guys say, I had one that was a huge mess of string that I was quite fond of. Whether it's original to the lid or not would take an in hand look I think. I am also on the fence with the paint, some pics are more convincing than others. I think I would pass on it myself if I had to decide as I don't get the warm and fuzzy feeling.

It almost looks like a reissue that's hand some tan-ish paint brushed on.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast