Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

M35 Heer DD Bullet

Article about: This one was also allready on the forum couple of days ago. Still want to share it here with my own pictures. M35 Heer DD with bullethole. The bullethole is open for discussion. Is it period

?

Default M35 Heer DD Bullet

This one was also allready on the forum couple of days ago. Still want to share it here with my own pictures. M35 Heer DD with bullethole. The bullethole is open for discussion. Is it period or not...? Someone allready thought it was done postwar because when it was a period bullethole, the riginal owner should'nt be able to remove his name in the skirt... ?

The story says that the helmet comes from Berlin. The seller's gonna send me the mail with the story from the owner's family where he purshased the lid.
    We'll see. If not so, it's still a nice lid to have.

M35 Heer DD BulletM35 Heer DD BulletM35 Heer DD BulletM35 Heer DD BulletM35 Heer DD BulletM35 Heer DD BulletM35 Heer DD BulletM35 Heer DD BulletM35 Heer DD BulletM35 Heer DD Bullet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Heer DD Bullet
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: M35 Heer DD Bullet

Unless you were there at the time the bullet hole was made in the lid it's impossible to say with any degree of certainty when it was made.

The degree of accuracy, right in the middle of the forehead is not, in my opinion, a good sign. Not all head shots were made in the spirit of Hollywood where they are all dead centre with pin point accuracy. The lack of sign of any organic material adhering to the liner is also open for debate.

I suggest it is a target practice shot, either for the sake of it or for the veteran who brought it home to boast about the superb marksman he was.

It can be speculated about until the ends of time but the only answer is - there is no answer.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

That is exactly true Adrian! We probably shall never know. If only these helmets could speak he...

?

On the other hand... if it was a practice shot,... so on a helmet with no head inside,... shouldn't there be an exithole then on the backside of the helmet?

?

I would guess there would be an exit hole or some damage to the back even if there was a soft human head in there. It may have been set up on a sand bag or fence post?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Yes, that's offcourse another option indeed. And here goes our debate! :-))) Like we said, we shall never know.

I'll just let my own fantasy tell 'the' or 'a' story...

Thx.