Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

M35 Heer DD KIA helmet ( again )

Article about: HI all, I have done a thread on this before but trialling new cameras ( borrowed from friends ) before I buy a better one, I found a new ( gruesome ) discovery about this lid. As I showed la

Default M35 Heer DD KIA helmet ( again )

HI all,
    I have done a thread on this before but trialling new cameras ( borrowed from friends ) before I buy a better one, I found a new ( gruesome ) discovery about this lid.

As I showed last time ( or now for any newbies ) this poor soldier copped two in the noggin - right in the emblem he was ( with this wonderful brush-stroked field repaint ) supposed to cover up...... good for a sniper, bad for him ( a soldat surnamed "Worfert" in Heeresgruppe Kurland )

Anyway, in the inside ( not shown in my last thread ) is a lot of rust / dirt buildup and in taking these photos I inspected it closer and, I kid you not, there are 6 or so blond hairs embedded in the muck. Can this be?? One can be seen in the sixth photo and they look like they were put there yesterday but they are part of the residue .... and no, I didn't put them there - I may be obsessive but I'm not a sicko!! ( and I'm bald anyway )

It was at first a bit ghostly and unsettling, then it made me realise that these items we collect have such a inseparable connection to the DNA of the men who wore ( and sometimes died ) wearing them.

Pause for thought?
    Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 Heer DD KIA helmet ( again )   M35 Heer DD KIA helmet ( again )  

M35 Heer DD KIA helmet ( again )   M35 Heer DD KIA helmet ( again )  

M35 Heer DD KIA helmet ( again )  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Heer DD KIA helmet ( again )
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: M35 Heer DD KIA helmet ( again )

You never know mate!

I know of a bloke who imported 18 stacked relic lids from Russia in the early 90's, when he was pulling them apart he found a complete skull cap with blonde hair in one!

This helmet was given o the authorities, and the remains and helmet intered at Tanunda German Military cemetery in Victoria

Default Re: M35 Heer DD KIA helmet ( again )

Relic lids are neat. This one is really cool. I need a few for my collection but never find what I want. Nice pick up!