Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M35 heer Re-issue

Article about: Hey guys I wanted to ask for your opinions on this re-issue heer helmet I think this is the infamous “big foot” decal correct? Should helmets with these decals be stayed away from? Thank you

Not liking the blue paint either. It doesn’t appear to have the same patina as the paint inside the shell. The blue paint inside the liner band is very strange and the strike with paint over it also raises questions. Sure, the paint could have been applied after the strike and during WW2 however to my eyes the blue paint still doesn’t have the same patina as that underneath the strike area.

Andrew

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 heer Re-issue
    P
    Many

A missing washer is seen sometimes on an originally installed liner. From early pre-war helmets to late M42's. Good eye from MAP...paint appears under the pins
    D.

TWS
    ?

Quote by real steel View Post
    A missing washer is seen sometimes on an originally installed liner. From early pre-war helmets to late M42's. Good eye from MAP...paint appears under the pins
    D.
    It has been known to happen. Old Heinz at the helmet factory goes out for a three schnapps lunch that day, washed down with a half-liter mug of Pils and suddenly his Teutonic precision isn't so precise the rest of the afternoon.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

MAP
    ?

Quote by real steel View Post
    D.
    Yes. Agree 100% on the washer.

When you add the paint under the pins plus the missing washer plus what could be a bent pin...it raises lots of questions.

But while others may disagree...I also try to look at the whole picture and "intent"

The liner and chinstrap are real. The decal is legit. The original thick over paint looks good. That would = a desirable helmet. Why would a faker remove the liner (if it was) to put on an odd thin blue wash?? If I was a faker and a liner was added, I would just leave the rest of the helmet alone.

I don't think we will ever know what really happened here. Swapped in liner? Post war ""playing"? All original?

Just too many questions for me to be comfortable
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi, well I have seen several helmets over the years with this light blue shade of over paint, but I would lean towards what the others are saying as it should not be under the pins really. It raises to many questions and does not sit right. Leon.

When I was referring to the blue wash under the liner band it was the area highlighted below. There also appears to be some of the wash over the band itself.

Andrew

M35 heer Re-issue

Not a helmet for many, not a textbook but i couldn't see something wrong on it.
    Subtle diluted coating and if i am not blind i see some blue paint on two pins head..rear and right side.
    Vent holes lost the paint as you would expect on camos etc...so the same for the pins.

Giorgio should have posted close ups for a better evaluation.

Noted the paint on the pin heads and that the brush strokes all went in the same direction crossing over the pin head which make sense. Just thought it was unusual that there was paint under the liner band. Perhaps it was simply splashed!? Would have thought a halo would have been the norm around the pin heads after all this time? Still learning...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2