Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

m35 heers

Article about: This is the first helmet I ever purchased. It was brought back by a navy vet who won it in a poker game with a g.i. The question is what is the rough texture on the helmet. I' ve had the hel

Default m35 heers

This is the first helmet I ever purchased. It was brought back by a navy vet who won it in a poker game with a g.i. The question is what is the rough texture on the helmet. I' ve had the helmet for 5 years, I guess I just never paid any attention to it. It's an se62 thank marty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture m35 heers   m35 heers  

m35 heers   m35 heers  

m35 heers   m35 heers  

m35 heers  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement m35 heers
    P
    Many

Default Re: m35 heers

Sorry post is in the wrong place. Did not notice until it was to late

Could be some type of overpaint, hard to tell for sure. Doesnt look like rust. I have an M35 Luftwaffe that has similar rough patches of paint. This is a great helmet you have, a nice M35 Heer, former double decal with the tri color removed, somewhat roughly but still very attractive. Definitely a helmet I would love to have.

?

My screen is showing a lot of gold in the decal plus a lined swastika,its either a very toned Heer or could it be KM?????

I would love to say it navy but I think it's just toned

Lose up of the decal
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture m35 heers   m35 heers  

m35 heers  

?

Looks gold but it is just toned a nice helmet and it has the chinstrap which is a bonus

I say toned.

Hi , a very nice toned heer m35. The rough areas do look more like a bit of textured over paint than rust or corrosion to me also. A great find. Leon.

thanks for the replies, I took the helmet outside today to take more pictures. I just had not paid much attention to the helmet in years. I really like the helmet It is my first( you ever forget your first) even the chinstrap is dated 1936. I think I my have to sell it. I am looking to sell some things to free up funds to buy an vet bring back douk98 rifle. marty

- - Updated - -

thanks for the replies, I took the helmet outside today to take more pictures. I just had not paid much attention to the helmet in years. I really like the helmet It is my first( you ever forget your first) even the chinstrap is dated 1936. I think I my have to sell it. I am looking to sell some things to free up funds to buy an vet bring back douk98 rifle. marty