Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

M35 I got on Ebay

Article about: I am a little suspect if this is an original helmet. I could not see any stamps in the pics that were posted on the listing and the lettering on the liner looks too new for that aged liner.

Default M35 I got on Ebay

M35 I got on EbayM35 I got on EbayI am a little suspect if this is an original helmet. I could not see any stamps in the pics that were posted on the listing and the lettering on the liner looks too new for that aged liner. I got it for what I feel was a good price ($150.00)even for a repo. I can live with it not being original as most originals are out of my price range. Your thought are welcomed. I will post pics when I have the helmet in hand. Thanks, Jon

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 I got on Ebay
    P
    Many

Default Re: M35 I got on Ebay

Hi jon deffo repro.the airvent gives it away,modern made most likely but better guys will be along shortly,regards minnie.
    Last edited by moaning minnie; 09-22-2012 at 04:11 PM. Reason: add more info

Hi Jon,

Sorry to say I think this one is a top to bottom repro, shell , liner paint and decals.

Cheers
    Jason

100% bad as the guys say. To be honest I think $150 is a bit steep for a complete repro.

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    100% bad as the guys say. To be honest I think $150 is a bit steep for a complete repro.
    I had second thoughts before bidding on it, but the only consolation I have is that I have seen other repo's (see one of my earlier post) go for more on the evilbay site. Oh well, live and learn. Thanks again, Jon

?

I have to agree my friend, over priced for a very unconvincing M35, but we learn from our mistakes, in future please post any prospective buy on here first so you can get opinions and help to save you money

I recommend checking here first before buying, especially if you're just starting out collecting...it can save you alot of money and heartache...Glenn

Quote by moaning minnie View Post
    Hi jon deffo repro.the airvent gives it away,modern made most likely but better guys will be along shortly,regards minnie.
    Being that i am new to collecting helmets, could you be more specific about which airvents you are talking about? Are they on the liner of shell? One more question, the chin strap is stamped, which is probably a repo also, with 'R Larsen 1939 'on it. 100% repo?

The Larson 1939 stamped chinstrap is a well-known fake. The airvents are the 2 holes on the sides of the shell above the decals...

?

They are the "vent" holes above the decals, the M35 had a two piece vent, one pushed into the helmet from the outside ,the other ,a washer type piece secured it from the inside, it is very doubtful that as this helmet is a repro that the chinstrap is completely genuine as to be honest a chinstrap would be worth more than the whole helmet