MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

M35 KM helmet

Article about: Thanks to member Sykes I have added helmet number 5 to my collection This nice M35 SE62 4805 A bit of a fragile liner but a good honest lid. Nick

Default M35 KM helmet

Thanks to member Sykes I have added helmet number 5 to my collection

This nice M35 SE62 4805

A bit of a fragile liner but a good honest lid.

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 KM helmet   M35 KM helmet  

M35 KM helmet   M35 KM helmet  

M35 KM helmet   M35 KM helmet  

M35 KM helmet  
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 KM helmet
    P
    Many

?

A replaced liner.
    The chinstrap bails should have squared corners not rounded.

?

Quote by SteveR View Post
    A replaced liner.
    It's possible that the helmet received a M40 specs liner at the end of 1939 just before the M40 shell was produced.
    I had a DD Luft M35 with a M40 specs liner aswell and that one to was Original to the helmet.

Hi, a nice KM M35 Nick, even if the liner was replaced it looks period done and in keeping with the condition of the shell to me. Leon.

?

This helmet looks to be a 1940 produced SE Kriegsmarine M35 with steel liner.

The steel liner looks to be a B&C - 1940 ?
    Last edited by Celtic; 02-06-2016 at 03:45 PM. Reason: spellings

Quote by SteveR View Post
    A replaced liner.
    Hi Steve, Late run M35 SE's were factory issued as single decal helmets and were fitted with zinc/steel banded liners. This falls within the lot number range for single decal SE KM's, but I checked the GHWII lot number data base and there is just one listed with this lot number, and it is a SD Heer. We know that often helmets from the same lot were issued to different branches, so just because the other is a Heer doesn't rule out the possibility that this one is KM, and to me the decal on this one looks like a KM to me, but better close up pictures are needed to be sure. By the way, this morning I posted a factory issued SD KM - an SE66 with lot number 4934 - and mine has a zinc/steel banded liner with rounded bales as well. I hadn't seen this thread until now, but when I saw it I thought I could clear up the issue with respect to the steel line in this one. Best regards, Jim G.