Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M35 Kriegsmarine?

Article about: by slados28 Thank you for the input, John. I guess it's more about the trained eye than the level of detail shown in the actual photos with this one then --- always nice hearing a bit more a

?

Default M35 Kriegsmarine?

I'm not a German helmet collector but I have seen this available at price that is attractive enough to lure me in, but at the same time raise concerns.

It's advertised as an orignal KM, in some ways it looks good, the paint looks honest enough, the liner wear looks good although I'm not convinced it is original to the helmet. I'm certainly not experienced enough to comment on the decal or the strap, so I would really appreciate your comments.

Pictures I have are below, I've emailed for some more to check this isn't a scam.
    Steve.

M35 Kriegsmarine?

M35 Kriegsmarine?

M35 Kriegsmarine?

M35 Kriegsmarine?

M35 Kriegsmarine?

M35 Kriegsmarine?

M35 Kriegsmarine?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Kriegsmarine?
    P
    Many

I like what I see and think its fine. Appears re-issue, rough green repaint. KM bird is nice and gold. Liner and strap look orig. to helmet as well.

?

That's a good start. Thanks,

good.

I think it looks like a good period piece as well and with a very golden/yellow decal... but what exactly are you guys basing the KM label on with such a relative degree of certainty? Simply the color? Not trying to argue, just interested in the process of how to determine one way or the other --- especially from such a relatively out of focus decal pic.
    I know there's something about helmet maker relative to decal design etc. with regards to identifying KM helmets but I can't personally make out any of these features here. The Heer vs. KM decal issue sure is an interesting one though.

Quote by slados28 View Post
    . but what exactly are you guys basing the KM label on with such a relative degree of certainty? Simply the color? .
    Not so much the colour, more like, if you've seen a few, then you know what to look for...... KM decals are quite unlike any others. That's why most people think it's KM when in fact it's toned Heer, however, this one displays all the traits associated with a true KM

Thank you for the input, John. I guess it's more about the trained eye than the level of detail shown in the actual photos with this one then --- always nice hearing a bit more as to why a helmet/item gets this and/or that label... I find it hard learning from quick oneliners

?

Thanks for the clarifcation on the decal, I'm not particularly looking for a KM but I do want to know what it is before go any further, I'm more intetretsed in an M35 to fill a hole in my collection. I read a number of 'toned Heer/KM' decal posts and checked a few of the reputable dealer sites for comparison and it looked good to my untrained eye, or at least good enough to bother you gents with.
    Steve.

KM single decal by SE. It was issued from the factory in this 1940 spec originally, not a reissue. They used surplus M35 shells after the 1940 regs (rough paint, single decal) came into effect. It looks like quite a nice one.

SE Never made DD M35 KM helmets, so any M35's are always in this configuration (thanks Frank for this tip).

Hi , it looks like a very decent KM single decal to me also. It shows the classic 3d effect to the swastika that you would expect on a good KM. A very nice liner and strap also , so at the right price a super buy. Leon.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast