Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M35 Kriegsmarine camo SD

Article about: I went to go shooting today with friends and on the way I spotted a army jacket at a yard sale going by at 60mph so I decided to turn around and see what they had. I bought the m61 field jac

Default M35 Heer, camo SD

I went to go shooting today with friends and on the way I spotted a army jacket at a yard sale going by at 60mph so I decided to turn around and see what they had. I bought the m61 field jacket for 5$ then asked if they had any more military Items... then I ended up buying this!
    The rivets added post war were unfortunately put on by the owners father, when he had a museum along with other helmets to make them easier to put on a display rack....
    I am pretty sure it is a KM and not a toned Heer but opinions are welcome
    Other than that I am pretty happy with this lid it is my first German helmet and I can say it is about time!!!

M35 Kriegsmarine camo SDM35 Kriegsmarine camo SD
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 Kriegsmarine camo SD   M35 Kriegsmarine camo SD  

M35 Kriegsmarine camo SD   M35 Kriegsmarine camo SD  

M35 Kriegsmarine camo SD  
    Last edited by AmericanKraut; 09-15-2013 at 05:33 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Kriegsmarine camo SD
    P
    Many

I'm not seeing any raised black outlines. It looks to my eyes, anyway, like a toned Heer.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Not sure what you mean by black outlines, and I agree its a toned Heer Its been a while since Ive seen a decal in person like I said its my first helmet.

I like it. Too bad about the rivets... but a nice find at a yard sale! My favorite way to find stuff.

Great first Kraut helmet! Would it be easy to remove the rivets and band? I'd prefer two holes that could be filled

?

A Heer for me too.
    I could live with the rivets being added, as it is a nice helmet regardless.
    Certainly a good first lid, congratulations.

Brad.

Thanks guys, and yes, I have to find my drill bits and the rivets are gone, but I am not sure about filling the holes.
    I like the paint job on it a lot, I almost just bought a ND m42 for a bit more than I paid for this one!

I never find s**t at yard sales and you find a helmet. Good find. It's a Heer.

Great helmet NEVER anything like that at a yard around here. Looks very nice in your collection. Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

?

Heer for sure, a good find regardless of rivets, ect.

This one has that field patina, including the field/soil accumulation residue that speaks for itself.
    Regards,
    John

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast