Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M35 Luft Double Decal Help.

Article about: Hey guys long time no talk. I wanted to ask for your help Iam looking at this helmet and it seems like there is globs of paint on the front above the brim. Is this maybe a possible re-paint.

Default M35 Luft Double Decal Help.

Hey guys long time no talk. I wanted to ask for your help Iam looking at this helmet and it seems like there is globs of paint on the front above the brim. Is this maybe a possible re-paint. Also is the liner has me stumped for it seeming to be worn and bent the leather seems great. Thank you guys as always. Any and all opinions are welcomed.
    Also the markings on the dome I have never seen before which makes me even more suspicious. The. One spot of the black of the national decal seems very bright.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 Luft Double Decal Help.   M35 Luft Double Decal Help.  

M35 Luft Double Decal Help.   M35 Luft Double Decal Help.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Luft Double Decal Help.
    P
    Many

There's a lot going on with this one inside & out. really can't comment with confidence by these poor pics.
    D.

Not gonna comment on the originality of the decals or stamp but I don't think it was repainted since the shield decal would be covered or have evidence of being covered. The helmet as a whole looks like it wasn't stored properly causing damage to the paint overall. I'm guessing those globs on the front are due to the fact it was stored terribly causing the paint/metal to have a reaction which then made the globs appear.

M38
    ?

Original helmet I believe but messed with. I think it almost has to have been repainted to get that lumpy look to the paint. Maybe the NC decal was covered and then carefully dug out, not sure. The liner leather has been out and put in backwards or replaced altogether with new leather as the seam is in the front. Not a bad helmet and priced reasonably but it has issues.

Cheers,
    Terry

I never even noticed the threads of the liner being in front M38 lol yeah I’m just going to stay away from it. Thank you guys.

That running paint dribble makes me wonder if someone has used paint stripper to remove an over paint layer. Worked a bit slowly causing the under layer to start melting. Certainly all the evidence suggests meddling.

Agree, just looks like the surface has been played around with causing the damage, the liner was probably long gone and badly replaced. Leon.

Yep, I would avoid this one. The inconsistency of the paint texture does look to me like "sagging" of wet paint so that would be a red flag to me. As stated the liner is in the wrong position but it seems to me that it is too large for the shell. As David says the pics are not great but enough for me to say no to this one unless it is too cheap to pas but I bet it isn't.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

I agree this is a messed with helmet.
    Also, I know who is selling this on line and they have let's say, a reputation for restorations.