Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Is this M35 ok?

Article about: Found this helmet thru a website and requested photos. I know these photos are bad (esp the decals), but wonder if you can see any glaring problems with the helmet or liner. I was thinking a

?

Default Is this M35 ok?

Found this helmet thru a website and requested photos. I know these photos are bad (esp the decals), but wonder if you can see any glaring problems with the helmet or liner. I was thinking about making an offer and maybe request better photos if you think it is worthy. Thanks for your help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this M35 ok?   Is this M35 ok?  

Is this M35 ok?   Is this M35 ok?  

Is this M35 ok?   Is this M35 ok?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this M35 ok?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Is this M35 ok?

I'd pass unless it were dirt cheap. It is too messed with,
    and the seller probably wants too much for it...........
    Regards,

Steve.

Can you get a close up of the heer decal?

?

Party decal overtop the national colors? Where is the corresponding police or SS decal over top the Heer decal? Or is it vice versa. In which case there should be an SS or police decal under the Heer decal. Dont spend a penny till you receive better photos of the decals. If good it would have to be very inexpensive.

It is hard for me to see if it has been messed with or not from these pictures. It appears that it was originally a double decal Heer, but redecaled with police insignia, probably before it left the factory. There are many such examples. The decals on the right seem fine. The pictures of the left side are too blurry to determine whether the police eagle was removed by a collector in a misguided effort to "restore" the piece to its former life as a double decal Heer, or if the police bird just was worn off through use. Better pictures would help alot. The paint seems fine as do the liner and chin strap. It is a bit rough, but I actually like this one. That said, I still wouldn't rush into it until I had better pictures to analyze. Hope this helps, Jim G.

?

Many thanks for the comments. I have requested better pics and will post them when I get them.