Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

M35 Police Helmet

Article about: Hi All, I'm being offered an M35 Police Helmet. I'm pretty sure it's 100% authentic, but would just like to get feedback from the experts. Obviously the helmet has seen better days, but for

?

Default M35 Police Helmet

Hi All,
    I'm being offered an M35 Police Helmet. I'm pretty sure it's 100% authentic, but would just like to get feedback from the experts. Obviously the helmet has seen better days, but for me is a nice start to authentic DD helmet, even if it is a police helmet.

The person offering the helmet is a friend of a friend, so I trust them. He is not a collector and the helmet belonged to his father in-law who returned home with the helmet after serving in WWII.

I will be going to see the helmet today, but would like to get some feedback beforehand. Thanks in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 Police Helmet   M35 Police Helmet  

M35 Police Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Police Helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: M35 Police Helmet

The party shield looks fine, as does the liner and chinstrap. The police decal has seen better days but appears to be right as well. A real DD combat police helmet is not a bad start for a collection, even in this condition. Before you try to clean it, if that is your intention, ask others on this forum how to go about doing it so as not to damage the piece in the attempt. I personally do not clean helmets, as I prefer to keep them in the condition that they are in when I acquire them, so I have no idea how to go about it. The short answer to your question is that in my opinion the helmet is 100% real. A DD combat police in good condition can go for upwards of $1,500. In this condition, I would expect that a fair price would be in the range of $500 +/-. Jim G.

I like it. John

?

Thanks for your help, guys! I picked up the helmet and I'm very pleased; not to mention I got another deal of the century ($200 for this, a Heer belt buckle, a black wound badge and a RAD cap insignia!!)! It's my first 100% authentic German helmet and I'm going to display it proudly as is.

Below are some photos. Turns out it's a Quist!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 Police Helmet   M35 Police Helmet  

M35 Police Helmet   M35 Police Helmet  

M35 Police Helmet  

I would buy it.

What a wonderful deal!! Congratulations

Regards,
    Finn

?

It is a shame about the condition. The person selling it had two originally. The first one was stored in an attic and was in excellent condition. This one sold for $1500 about 6 years ago.

The one I purchased was stored in a garage open to the elements, hence its condition. Again, I can't complain!

Oh, that's too bad. If you could have got the other one, it would have been pretty awesome

Still, a wonderful helmet, though

Regards,
    Finn

Nice I like it. Good deal on the price: D

If the DD police lid, buckle and badges were all purchased for $200...

You got a very good deal, my friend.

Congrats on your finds !
    Regards,

Steve.