Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

M35 Q64 Winter Camo & Snow Goggles.

Article about: Now that IS a keeper !!! I saw some of Patricks collection on e-stand but never noticed this one so you must have snapped it up pretty damn quick (and I can see why) Paint is great, personal

Default M35 Q64 Winter Camo & Snow Goggles.

It has been a slow year for me so far; this is my first of 2013, but well worth the patience!

This is going to take ages to write as it only arrived today, it's sat on the desk next to me and I keep catching myself gazing at it. I never thought I'd be able to find a winter camo in such good condition. Normally the white was removed or repainted in spring, and most of the snow helmets out there are in a relic state after having been lost somehow during the winter. The pedigree on this one can be traced back through two well known collections (Garry83 and ScottB), to it's origins in Scandinavia. It comes from the Raufoss / Brustad area of Norway, near to Oslo. It has been posted numerous times over the years at GHW, but I think it is the first time it has been up over here.

Q64, lot number 555, I'm not sure but it is probably a Heer. It is factory green under the oil based white paint (rather than whitewash), with speckled light brush strokes of green over the white to simulate scrub poking through the snow. There is evidence of a wire having been installed at one stage around the centre of the helmet. The only blemish was caused by the original Norwegian owner before Scott got it, he went digging for decals on both sides. IMO this does not look as bad as it could do, and the goggles do a great job of covering up the damage. The goggles I'm not too familiar with but they are I think Gebirgsjager? Nicely marked on the aluminium frame with a velvet-like insulation against the skin. Liner is very supple and a lovely honey colour, and named to MAX MEIER with one letter on each tongue.

I coveted this very lid a couple of years ago when it was Scott's avatar at GHW, and now it sits on my shelf which I never expected, I'm a very happy helmet geek

Thanks to Patrick (Garry83) for letting me take this one! Enjoy!

M35 Q64 Winter Camo & Snow Goggles.M35 Q64 Winter Camo & Snow Goggles.M35 Q64 Winter Camo & Snow Goggles.M35 Q64 Winter Camo & Snow Goggles.M35 Q64 Winter Camo & Snow Goggles.M35 Q64 Winter Camo & Snow Goggles.M35 Q64 Winter Camo & Snow Goggles.M35 Q64 Winter Camo & Snow Goggles.M35 Q64 Winter Camo & Snow Goggles.M35 Q64 Winter Camo & Snow Goggles.M35 Q64 Winter Camo & Snow Goggles.M35 Q64 Winter Camo & Snow Goggles.M35 Q64 Winter Camo & Snow Goggles.M35 Q64 Winter Camo & Snow Goggles.M35 Q64 Winter Camo & Snow Goggles.M35 Q64 Winter Camo & Snow Goggles.M35 Q64 Winter Camo & Snow Goggles.M35 Q64 Winter Camo & Snow Goggles.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Q64 Winter Camo & Snow Goggles.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: M35 Q64 Winter Camo & Snow Goggles.

Very nice one i'm surprised he has let it go !!!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Great helmet. Very envious Also, I may have to pinch your idea of imposing items from my collection onto period photos. Looks really good

This is why all the fuss was about????

Hell yeah! Damn Andy you got yourself a keeper. Don't think that will be leaving your shelf anytime soon. How did you manage to get him to part with this one? Now find me one!

Thanks guys I can't take credit for the 3 superimposed pics, I think Garry did that. I had to steal them though as they look pretty great. I was just in the right place at the right time, it was up for sale for a very short amount of time before I fell over myself to PM him. I had the message typed out even before I cleaned the boiling coffee from my lap lol.......

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    I had the message typed out even before I cleaned the boiling coffee from my lap lol.......
    When it comes to snagging a helmet like this one for the collection, it could be more important than burning your nuts off. COULD be.

A real beauty there Kradspam!! So rare to see a "genuine" winter cammo,well done! Leon.

Why oh why did they try looking for the decals ? Still it is a beauty !

You can hardly tell they tried digging for decals. The pattern of the white paint blends in the dig marks to where it just appears like the pattern. Doesn't take away from the helmet at all.

He was careful yes, but i can tell. It could have been worse but still an outstanding lid.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast