Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M35 Reissue "Afrika Core Camo Wannabe"

Article about: I just picked this up yesterday...here is the story .. Several days ago I saw this on ebay and I noticed it was being sold in my Hometown of Bellingham Wa . It was removed off ebay for obvio

?

Default M35 Reissue "Afrika Core Camo Wannabe"

I just picked this up yesterday...here is the story ..

Several days ago I saw this on ebay and I noticed it was being sold in my Hometown of Bellingham Wa . It was removed off ebay for obvious reasons so I figured Hell...I'll contact the seller and Ill see it in person. I get to Bellingham for a couple of days and the seller wasn't responding to me at all so after I looked at his other Auctions, I knew what store this guy was. He has a store front in downtown and whats funny I was there 15 mins looking around before I figured it out after I left. I went in there to see if it was the seller and he said yes and he had the helmet under my table. I knew the shell and iiner are correct but of course " The camo" was the big problem with it. I knew it was to good to be true so I took a few oictures and left the store. I emailed who I consider my friend , Reel steal and he helped me out right away. He helped me through the process and we agreed its a fake camo with a non documented decal. I went back the next day and explained everything to the dealer and I was honest with him, So I snagged it for 200 dollars. Figured heck, the iner and the shell were real so not a total lost.
    I was driving back from Bellingham through Seattle towards Oregon where I live. I was researching as I was in Traffic and Figured out this Curtis was a real Soldier and everything matched up with the writing in the helmet. He actuary enlisted at Fort Lewis In Tacoma Washington and From a town not far from where I found this helmet. It was just left a nice feeling to me as I was passing Fort lewis and staring at my helmet passing the place where this Soldier Joined up at. Just a neat story and my little adventure on securing this Afrika Fake Camo helmet. Honestly I like it and its a neat piece of history, I just wanted to share. Here are some pictures..Im sorry they are sideways I still cant figure out why its like that on this. Writing is original in helmet
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 Reissue "Afrika Core Camo Wannabe"   M35 Reissue "Afrika Core Camo Wannabe"  

M35 Reissue "Afrika Core Camo Wannabe"   M35 Reissue "Afrika Core Camo Wannabe"  

M35 Reissue "Afrika Core Camo Wannabe"  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Reissue "Afrika Core Camo Wannabe"
    P
    Many

Great story and nice helmet for $200.
    John

?

I think so too.

Thank you

here ya' go !!
    Attached Images Attached Images M35 Reissue "Afrika Core Camo Wannabe"  M35 Reissue "Afrika Core Camo Wannabe"  M35 Reissue "Afrika Core Camo Wannabe"  M35 Reissue "Afrika Core Camo Wannabe"  M35 Reissue "Afrika Core Camo Wannabe"  M35 Reissue "Afrika Core Camo Wannabe"  M35 Reissue "Afrika Core Camo Wannabe"  M35 Reissue "Afrika Core Camo Wannabe" 

Nice for David to assist you - he did the same for me with my SS helmet.
    When you are dealing with helmets that will cost at least 4 figures it's great to have someone help out. I know David loves this though!

The paint looks a little too yellow compared to other examples, also looks a bit like household emulsion. And you can see it going over old paint chips which look very crisp - suggesting it was done recently.
    Was this the conclusion you came to?
    Camos are a minefield - but the good ones are spectacular.

Nick

There will be those that like it, some who won't. That's the reason I only own 3 camos.

?

Thank you. My computer is retarted I sweat it isnt me

?

The more i looked at it I could see what everyone was talking about. Its to bad it was done over Probally a decent helmet. Im glad he helped you. The seller was only asking 500 from the very beginning and that was my first red flag.

MAP
    ?

A great story.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

TWS
    ?

Quote by real steel View Post
    There will be those that like it, some who won't. That's the reason I only own 3 camos.
    I only own one. The prices are too high and the fakery that comes with those high prices is rampant.

Pretty cool story Fubarr. The writing on the liner is a nice bit of history. Too bad someone messed with the paint.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast