Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

M35 relic helmet

Article about: I am cleaning up a digged out M35 in this thread http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/restor...-5/#post450601 I have got the stamps out now, but what do they tell me? Left side says ET62, so it mus

?

Default M35 relic helmet

I am cleaning up a digged out M35 in this thread Relic cleaning - White Vinegar I have got the stamps out now, but what do they tell me? Left side says ET62, so it must be a size 62. I can also see what i believe must be the LOT No on the inside rear of the skirt. It says 3607 or 3807. Sorry i don't know much about helmets yet.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 relic helmet
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: M35 relic helmet

Pictures make all the difference friend.
    Please show some.

?

Not a problem. Also the helmet can be seen if you scroll down on page 5 in the link

M35 relic helmetM35 relic helmetM35 relic helmetM35 relic helmetM35 relic helmetM35 relic helmetM35 relic helmet

?

Hi Datrus,

ET/ckl stamp markings indicate that the helmet was manufactured by Eisenhuttenwerke, Thale. You are correct in assuming that 62 corresponds to the size, a 62 is a (S/small) sized helmet. Roughly fifteen percent of the Third Reich period helmets manufactured were this size. Size 64 is by far the most common, at forty percent, i.e. about 10 million. The lot, or production run numbers are generally 3/4 digits, so the 3(6/8)07 stamping would indeed be that.

Regards,

Carl

?

Thanks for the info You know any web site where i can pick up some good info on German TR helmets?

?

Some of the guys will be able to recommend a few decent books, and maybe you can try websites such as The Online Guide to World War II German Helmets

Cheers,

Carl

?

?

Nice relic!