Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

M35 rough textured overpaint

Article about: Hi I'm seeking opinions on a potential purchase, the helmet is an m35 rough textured overpaint with a quist shell, liner chinstrap and decal appear all original and the decal has been placed

Default M35 rough textured overpaint

Hi I'm seeking opinions on a potential purchase, the helmet is an m35 rough textured overpaint with a quist shell, liner chinstrap and decal appear all original and the decal has been placed on top of the rough finish hence the flaking, while I like the paint finish I can't seen to find another to compare it to which gives me doubt as to it being period applied, also the texture looks to me more than sand added to the paint, could it be woodchip? All opinions greatly received.

Cheers John .M35 rough textured overpaintM35 rough textured overpaintM35 rough textured overpaintM35 rough textured overpaintM35 rough textured overpaintM35 rough textured overpaint

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 rough textured overpaint
    P
    Many

too bad the decal picture is so much smaller than the other ones.
    Looks good so far.

I pulled the decal picture off the guys site, the others were ones I had asked him to send me of the helmet in outdoor light, glad there is nothing jumping out as bad so far, would this finish have been fairly common with the rough texture.

Cheers John

The finish is rather uncommon but it is one of the many 'types' seen on M35's , what is difficult to see if the decal was applied on top of it or if it under the paint partially ?

The seller describes it as being placed on top but I have also wondered about this as there are small areas where the paint seems to overlap the decal . If you expand the picture on the right side of the helmet next to the split pin looks to be woodchip , this wouid explain the rough texture I guess .

Cheers John

Looking on my phone but decal appears applied overtop the paint, hence it didn't adhere very well.

I think it is applied over the top of the paint but difficult to tell in the pics and as you say it hasn't adhered very well to the finish , no sign of any lacquer being applied over it either which explains the flaking.

Cheers John