Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

M35 SA Feldherrnhalle Helmet - NS62 - Lot # D.4

Article about: Wiki just posted a premier example, much nicer than this one, but I just thought I would give this thread a bump for comparison. Doug, Bob, and Anders, bump your threads as well! Jim G.

Default M35 SA Feldherrnhalle Helmet - NS62 - Lot # D.4

Gentlemen, This is the other SA helmet that I acquired recently in the GRAND BARGAIN with a local advanced collector. It is one of my dream helmets! I gave up a super double decal SS blackie (the droopbill that I picked up from Dave last year), a published M42 NSKK (the one in Baer's book with the hand painted white foreign volunteer shield on the right), and a few odds and ends, but to me it was worth it. This one is published as well, in Terry G.'s first book, and in the 3 volume German language Baer treatise. It is an NS62 shell, with an odd lot number - "D.4", and is complete with a reinforced aluminum banded liner that was in the piece when it was reissued from Luftwaffe stocks to the FHH (as is apparent from the chocolate brown paint on the liner band and bales) and a funky chin strap. The liner appears to have been named twice, but a prior owner treated the leather and I can't make out the names. Initials, presumably those of the FHH member, are scratched into the FHH decal. The prior owner described these as a distraction. I, on the other hand, think they are pretty neat! The original factory paint is still present in the inner dome of the shell, and the original Luftwaffe decals are quite visible under the reissue paint and the FHH decals. In hand it appears that those decals were nearly completely intact when the helmet was refurbished. Many years ago my wife gave me a near relic FHH for Christmas, and I never thought I would ever be able to upgrade that one. Luckily, I was wrong. I am very happy to be the custodian of this gem, and hope to keep it for the rest of my days. Hope you like it. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 SA Feldherrnhalle Helmet - NS62 - Lot # D.4   M35 SA Feldherrnhalle Helmet - NS62 - Lot # D.4  

M35 SA Feldherrnhalle Helmet - NS62 - Lot # D.4   M35 SA Feldherrnhalle Helmet - NS62 - Lot # D.4  

M35 SA Feldherrnhalle Helmet - NS62 - Lot # D.4   M35 SA Feldherrnhalle Helmet - NS62 - Lot # D.4  

M35 SA Feldherrnhalle Helmet - NS62 - Lot # D.4  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 SA Feldherrnhalle Helmet - NS62 - Lot # D.4
    P
    Many

Simply put "stunning"! Leon.

a great helmet.

Oh Jim.

It's not often I'm genuinely stunned by a helmet. We really don't see lids of this quality or rarity being shown very often, and then the fantastic condition on top of it. I can see why you traded off what you did. You gave away some rare beasts but it was stuff you could more likely replace than find another one of these in the same condition. You are a lucky guy to have this, it's one of my dream helmets. I would probably pick one over nearly any other lid. M36 DD might be higher on my list, maybe. That would be a hell of a decision.

Congrats

Thanks guys. As nice as this one is, the prior owner let it go because he UPGRADED! His new one puts this one to shame! Poor me! All kidding aside, I first saw this one at the prior owner's house many years ago, and at first sight I realized that I wanted one someday. I mentioned it to the prior owner several times over the years, and when he acquired a better one he remembered my interest and told me he would be open to offers. Luckily, I had a few helmets that he liked and we were able to consummate the deal. I consider myself to be fortunate indeed. Cheers, Jim G.

Can honestly say in fifty years of collecting them have never handled a original if I did that would be one I would have no doubts about super rare helmet to find! Those are stunning pieces. timothy

Super helmet
    chris

?

This picture is as close as I will ever get to one. Great helmet friend.

?

Super top shelf helmet Jim.
    Congrats to a great helmet!!

I'm amazed this has had so few replies in the time it has been up. This is what it's all about guys.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast