Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M35 SD Heer Reissue

Article about: I have had this one for about 10 years - a small size (probably a 62) M35 shell. *It was refurbished with a zinc/steel banded liner, and repainted with brush applied gritty textured combat p

Default M35 SD Heer Reissue

I have had this one for about 10 years - a small size (probably a 62) M35 shell. *It was refurbished with a zinc/steel banded liner, and repainted with brush applied gritty textured combat paint, on the exterior and on the interior apron up to the liner. *The replacement liner was already in when the shell*was repainted as paint can be seen on the leather and the liner band. *Due to the repaint I can't make out the maker/size or the lot number stamps (I was not the one who scratched rear area in the effort to uncover the lot number). *There is no trace of the original decals. *It was adorned with an ET Heer decal after it was repainted. *The decal is about 99%+ intact and the combat paint fairs at about 98%. *A really decent example. *Hope you like it. *Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 SD Heer Reissue   M35 SD Heer Reissue  

M35 SD Heer Reissue   M35 SD Heer Reissue  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 SD Heer Reissue
    P
    Many

Love these re-issues. It's a 62 Jim (55) liner. Nice to see an ET style decal placed over a repaint

Nice lid Jim,

I like the way that these repains present their own "bona fides" illustrating field use with definate historical fingerprints as it were!

I find it interesting to note also the apparent variation in circumstance and level of care used. Some seem to have undergone an almost "depot" style refurb whilst others seem to have been done in the back of a truck by "Fritz" on fatigues! Plus, this kind of patina is a nightmare for the fakers

I have one similar which I have posted before but I think it probably benefits the thread to show a couple of repost images to compare;

Regards

Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 SD Heer Reissue   M35 SD Heer Reissue  

Last edited by rbminis; 01-07-2018 at 07:24 PM.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Fantastic looking helmet - really like the gritty hand painted finish and the decal is in excellent condition.

Nick

Hi Mark, oh I love your M35. Nice to see it again.

Yours is not really considered a re issue. Was just repainted to "spritz" it up some, maybe for parade use. They just painted around the original decals & did not touch the inside , where as Jim's is a full re-issue including a wartime liner. Love it !! But already told you that

Well, I have no clue what happened to my post above. I tried to attach four pics only of an M35 overpaint and all the other garbage inserted itself too. I tried immediately to delete the spurious images but they don't appear in the edit field neither could I delete the entire post. I have seen this happen to others and I realise it isn't funny. Apart from taking up space inappropriately it makes one look a little stupid.
    Can a Mod please sort this rubbish out for me? If there is an explanation I should love to hear it to stop any reoccurrence.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

So, WOW.. Did Bruder Schneider, Wein make helmets too ??
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Quote by Gwar View Post
    So, WOW.. Did Bruder Schneider, Wein make helmets too ??
    Hahaha! Laugh? I nearly did

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    Well, I have no clue what happened to my post above. I tried to attach four pics only of an M35 overpaint and all the other garbage inserted itself too. I tried immediately to delete the spurious images but they don't appear in the edit field neither could I delete the entire post. I have seen this happen to others and I realise it isn't funny. Apart from taking up space inappropriately it makes one look a little stupid.
    Can a Mod please sort this rubbish out for me? If there is an explanation I should love to hear it to stop any reoccurrence.

Regards

Mark
    And nothing "stupid" looking about your M35

?

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    Hahaha! Laugh? I nearly did
    Can you elaborate on my question ?
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast