Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

M35 se66 lot#4853 - kriegsmarine

Article about: Hello Everyone - I found this one 10 miles from my house. Which is pretty unheard of (though Ive sourced another Heer around here though :-). The guy had it listed on an auction. But I had k

Default M35 se66 lot#4853 - kriegsmarine

Hello Everyone - I found this one 10 miles from my house. Which is pretty unheard of (though Ive sourced another Heer around here though :-). The guy had it listed on an auction. But I had known him (really nice guy does militaria on side) from other dealings and made an offer privately. Also he dropped this off at my house. It’s part of Domino's buy 1 large 1 topping pizza get a KM deal. I had a coupon.

The decal is in poorer shape but in the grand scheme of KMs and in weighing the sum of all this helmets parts... It is a fine combat example. The multi layer construction can cleary be seen on this one (Swaz area) but I am also from the new school (after seeing many examples without the "Ridge" that are clear KM) that this may not be a hard and fast rule anymore in determining KM.

This one has a steel liner. Ultra Flat pins w washers and matching dust and dirt. The paint looks good and there is some red remnants of what seems to be a rubber foliage band. I like the reworked riveted strap. Falling apart but unique. Liner leather is worn and battered but for an 80 year old helmet. Not bad . I was able to inspect this by hand before I gave any cash which was helpful. And I looked over my other SE KM M35 for comparison.

Not to sound cliche ... but there aren’t that many of these M35 SE KMs “around”. Kind of a small niche inside of the KM Helmet scene. I am on the hunt constantly and it’s been Slim Pickens for KMs as of late. I love Kriegs helmets and the sea ... I also enjoy reading about “the Forgotten Service” fully.
    I am taking a self imposed helmet purchasing freeze for summer to enjoy what I have. Look for me by the pool. I’ll be the one with the Steel Helmet on. Thanks for Looking y’all.
    - Z

**Was posted on GHV yesterday. And posting here for future KM reference as well. Lord knows these forums have been a huge resource for my KM knowledge and offering the ability to compare examples.

Last edited by PaddyD00; 08-20-2020 at 04:26 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 se66 lot#4853 - kriegsmarine
    P
    Many

Looks to be a KM lid, nice pick up.
    The red marks around the helmet looks like a band or cloth may have been attached to it for a fair amount of time or the paint on that bench is not dry

Haha. LOL. Is that why all my helmets have red smudges all over them . I paint it every morning so I have a clean place to sit.

Thanks for the comments. From afar. It looked like a kids crayon. But in hand it does seem to be that some band was on there for a long time indeed.

MAP
    ?

A great find Zach. Lots of leg work and research went into this. You did well. Solid and very respectable example

Nice to have an SE. Not common at all
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks Michael! Digging this one (despite the smell). Nice Worn KM

Sweet SE Z !