Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M35 Stahlhelm reissue revisited

Article about: Hello friends, Now that I have a decent camera, I thought it might be interesting to revisit this M35 reissue helmet in my collection. Previously, several members asked for better photos of

Default M35 Stahlhelm reissue revisited

Hello friends, Now that I have a decent camera, I thought it might be interesting to revisit this M35 reissue helmet in my collection. Previously, several members asked for better photos of the Heer decal. It was thought that this is a Heer decal that has turned from silver to gold. I am not sure about that but welcome input. It appears to carry an SE 62 mark but that is hard to read because of the textured paint. It shows all the characteristics of a classic re-issue with textured paint brushed on over outside including over the national shield. The brush marks touch the liner slightly inside. I can post more photos if there is interest. NH

M35 Stahlhelm reissue revisitedM35 Stahlhelm reissue revisited
    Last edited by Neil Hever; 01-09-2017 at 11:29 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Stahlhelm reissue revisited
    P
    Many

I would like to see more pics..... Cheers.

Other side showing the national shield.

Liner and markings. Manufacturer mark is hard to read either due to the strike or paint. Looks to be SF or SE 62.
    M35 Stahlhelm reissue revisitedM35 Stahlhelm reissue revisitedM35 Stahlhelm reissue revisitedM35 Stahlhelm reissue revisited

Curiously, both air vents had a piece of paper glued to them on the interior. Liner is too frail to pull back any further. I cannot identify the liner band.

M35 Stahlhelm reissue revisited

A couple of exterior photos that show the re-paint to good effect. NH

MAP
    ?

Interesting how the Heer decal was painted around, but the national shield was added over the paint. And further....to add a national shield to a reissue...
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Nice, looks like a field applied reissue with textured paint brushed on. The decal looks like a toned heer. Could the paper glued on the vents have been period applied to keep out the cold?

MAP
    ?

Odd...my last post didn't got through........anyway, it is an SE, not SF. SE is Sachsische Emaillier
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I have heard that adding paper to the air vents was there to keep the helmet from making a whistling sound - especially when on guard duty. The noise could interfere with your hearing. Having worn a helmet in the field for reenacting on windy days, I can certainly see some veracity to this story. NH

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast