Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

M35 tricolor camo for review

Article about: Thoughts on this helmet. I've had this helmet with me all day, it is a m35 no decals, field repaint w/rough finish. It has 3 colors applied at some time after the field repaint. I think brus

Nope not for me!...
    It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

I'm Spartacus, not really i'm Paul!...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

A nice, worn original lid that has been humped up with some red & tan paint then repetitively scratched up to give age IMO.

Default More

Outdoor pictures
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	337.9 KB 
ID:	864444   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	18 
Size:	331.1 KB 
ID:	864445  

Click image for larger version. 

Views:	16 
Size:	328.0 KB 
ID:	864446   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	17 
Size:	341.4 KB 
ID:	864447  

Views:	12 
Size:	333.0 KB 
ID:	864448   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	14 
Size:	323.4 KB 
ID:	864449  

Views:	17 
Size:	326.4 KB 
ID:	864450   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	14 
Size:	334.1 KB 
ID:	864451  

Views:	18 
Size:	331.4 KB 
ID:	864452  

Blends nicely into the red flowers!! Im pretty sure anyone wearing that helmet has defeated the purpose of camo.

Steve

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    Outdoor pictures
    I have to be honest and say this set of images make it look even worse I'm afraid. Not one I would be looking at, clearly modern colour paints. Leon.
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway

Quote by No1canuck View Post
    Blends nicely into the red flowers!! Im pretty sure anyone wearing that helmet has defeated the purpose of camo.

Steve
    Perhaps the artist was trying to make a "Camo Statement"...

Fellow collectors are NOT adversaries to be bested...

☭ "Ричик, я не понимаю, почему, почему ты тратишь деньги на эти вещи!" ☭

Hey, I found the matching field jacket!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    " When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't grumble, give a whistle "

Default M35 tricolor camo trial

I recently posted a m35 tricolor camo also known as a Normandy camo. The helmet was shot down very quickly by people that I trust with their opinions and advice.
    I would like to put the helmet on trial.
    First: I heard opinions such as colors to bright, modern air gun, tool marks on the helmet, modern paint.... Etc. all statements are valid and can make sense in most cases.
    Second: I was never asked where did the helmet come from? Maybe from a vet, maybe from the internet, maybe from a yard sale. The helmet was dismissed as a fake. Maybe it is.
    Most fake helmets fall into two groups really bad or really good, some would say mine would fall into the first.
    A person who fakes a helmet is either turning out helmet fast and on volume and are using repro helmets with repro liner and chinstraps. Easy to tell is it is a bad helmet.
    Second person usually for Latvia is using real helmets and are taking their time. Helmet will in most cases have real liners.... The helmet in the end are really dirty and dark.... Thay can fool most people. They are making money by selling the helmet for higher prices. If you look at most if not all fakes Thay are all muted in color.
    Third: signs to look for in a reproduction camo helmet. Rarity of the helmet(SS),does the paint smell new,tool marks( screw driver, sand paper....) the list can go on.
    My helmet smells old, all original except for the liner string. A good faker would have replaced the string.....The tool marks that were stated as being used I do not see it, I have had the helmet under the loupe and a magnifier. The marks on the helmet look good and looks to be natural. There are scratches under the paint from old use.... The paint if applied by a modern model air gun I do not believe would have the overspray it would be neater...... The chinstrap has a bend in the middle were someone's chin would have been or maybe where the helmet was hanging on a nail maybe? The strap as been shorted and not replaced to look good on the helmet rim such as a faker would do.
    I did enjoy the humor about the helmet looking good with the flowers,that was good.
    So the question is why is the helmet painted in the way it is? Maybe used in Holland or Germany in tulip fields? Maybe the helmet was painted during the fall season. Maybe the only red to be found, a good faker would have mixed a little darker color in the paint.
    I will post pictures of a helmet with tool marks. A helmet that looks close to mine. A helmet with paint under the rim like mine. A fake helmet that is on ebay that is going over 700.00 as of this post notice the muted colors and yes it is from lativa And a couple of picture of the helmet in the woods and I am not trying to hide the helmet but try to find it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Views:	5 
Size:	152.9 KB 
ID:	865849   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	6 
Size:	120.8 KB 
ID:	865848  

Views:	8 
Size:	236.5 KB 
ID:	865851   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	19 
Size:	369.5 KB 
ID:	865856  

Views:	15 
Size:	374.6 KB 
ID:	865855   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	12 
Size:	108.2 KB 
ID:	865884  

Last edited by tank destroyer; 07-27-2015 at 05:18 AM.

Fake on ebay imho

Helmet in the woods

Views:	22 
Size:	367.9 KB 
ID:	865898  

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast