Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

M35 tricolour helmet, decals/paint legit?

Article about: on ebay, has a tricolour decal but would love to know if all the decals etc are legit and paint. Annoyed from this ads?   There is no 'Buy it Now Price' or overseas sales. There are no

Angry M35 tricolour helmet, decals/paint legit?

on ebay, has a tricolour decal but would love to know if all the decals etc are legit and paint.

There is no 'Buy it Now Price' or overseas sales. There are no banned symbols shown in this listing.

An original German WW2 M35 pattern helmet with battle damage. The helmet is marked ET62 and is therefore a fairly small size. It was originally a double decal helmet, but the Heer eagle has been scratched off and the tricolour decal is very worn. The paintwork is all original but patchy as can be seen in the pictures. The helmet has been struck twice with shell fragments from the inside, which implies it was not being worn at the time.

One of the pins that holds the liner to the shell is original, the other two pins are reproductions. The liner is all original but has clearly been removed and messed with, as the felt underlay is missing as are many of the alluminium liner pins that secure the leather to the band.

There are many fake helmets around, this one is authentic and I will offer a full refund if shown otherwise.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 tricolour helmet, decals/paint legit?   M35 tricolour helmet, decals/paint legit?  

M35 tricolour helmet, decals/paint legit?   M35 tricolour helmet, decals/paint legit?  

M35 tricolour helmet, decals/paint legit?   M35 tricolour helmet, decals/paint legit?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 tricolour helmet, decals/paint legit?
    P
    Many

I'd class this as semi relic condition so unless it's very cheap i'd walk away. It looks like it's covered in fresh rust, but it may have recently been "brought in from the cold". the paint looks like it's ok but the tricolour looks to have been touched up at some time.
    Like i said if you can get it for peanuts OK!..

Agree all looks OK but is in a semi relic shape. Least it has a liner so that is a plus. timothy

Hi it is ok but nothing special so don't pay over the top. Leon.