Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

M35 veteran stahlhelm - did I do good?

Article about: So it's late on Sunday night here in Australia and I'm trawling that well known ( and often loathed by collectors ) online auction site. But, when you are NOT spoilt for choice there is not

A nice helmet considering where you found it! To my eyes, the liner looks like it may once have been removed and reinserted for whatever reason, but it looks fine in any case. Nice pick up!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 veteran stahlhelm - did I do good?
    P
    Many

Quote by DougB View Post
    The occasional score on auction sites is possible when you know what to look for and Dan you know what to look for so you scored. It's the uninitiated that waste their time there because when your blind you cannot see.
    Thanks Doug - appreciated words!! I HAVE bought a couple of clangers over the past few years as part of my learning curve and have had some "tough love" dished out ( which at the time hurt ) but all that helps one sort the 'wheat from the chaff'..... and this old dog has learnt a few new tricks!!!

Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Nice one Dan , I think you have found a very nice helmet. As for the writing , it may be for the Regional Support Command 1st Company(as that's what it looks like!) but that is the best I can come up with?? I think it is an allied vets writing rather than a Germans. Leon.
    Hi Leon, as good a stab as any I suppose. When it arrives I will take better photos and see what you fellas come up with, eh?

Cheers, Dan

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    A nice helmet considering where you found it! To my eyes, the liner looks like it may once have been removed and reinserted for whatever reason, but it looks fine in any case. Nice pick up!
    Quite possibly William, but I was prepared to let that slip. It ticked enough of the boxes for me to jump in quick before somebody else did.

Cheers, Dan

A good buy Dan and it hasn't come from the earth either,a well done to you indeed...............

I think you did very well!

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    A good buy Dan and it hasn't come from the earth either,a well done to you indeed...............
    Yes a non-relic ....... what WAS I thinking Jake??

Looks good Dan I like the remains of a decal nice original helmet and nice find! timothy

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Yes you do Matt - so to my thinking it WAS once a double decal that has received one or more field repaints ( maybe a few going by the layering effect ) .... or once had a winter coat ( unless I'm imagining the specks of white on the rim and under the lip??

I'm also intrigued by the RSC or RSG on the liner??????

Dan
    I do see little specks of white around the rim. So who knows maybe it was repainted for the winter.
    Best Regards Matt

On the look out for original ww2 M26 Adrian helmet liner.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    As for the writing , it may be for the Regional Support Command 1st Company(as that's what it looks like!) but that is the best I can come up with?? I think it is an allied vets writing rather than a Germans. Leon.
    Doing some reading on the 'Regional Support commands' it appears most were created decades after the war??

The 88th Army Reserve Command was formed at Fort Snelling in January, 1968, as one of 18 ARCOMs which were organized to provide command and control to Army Reserve units. In 1996, when the Army Reserve’s command structure was revised, Regional Support Commands were established.

So I think we'll have to have another guess as to the meaning of R.S.C.........

Dan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast