Default m40

Here's my m40 brushed painted size 66
    Jeff

m40m40m40m40m40m40m40

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement m40
    P
    Many

nice helmet. hard to tell, is the chinstrap original? never seen a liner with a stamp such as that one. Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    nice helmet. hard to tell, is the chinstrap original? never seen a liner with a stamp such as that one. Marty
    Hi , that is a nice helmet , I like the shadow of the decal in the brushed on over paint. Have the liner pins been re-placed , I say this as the wear is extremely heavy on them , yet the raised area of the vents has no wear at all? I don't think that swastika is a stamp Marty , it looks more like something a vet has drawn on with a pen when he brought it back after the war. Leon.

the chinstrap is a reproduction. I will have to check the pins.thanks guys

Sorry about that, looked like a stamp, I need to look closer and study it a little more. Marty

ET66 shell and 328 lot #. checked the pins look ok. the swaz looks like someone used a old fashion ink pen to install.

it might have been a double decal helmet at one time?

it would be a m35 to be a dd, or a very rare dd m40, now that would be a SCORE!!!!

It might be the lighting in the picture, but it looks glossy. Has someone coated it with something? I think the paint looks OK IMHO, though it smooths out where the decals would be?? Also the liner pins have been removed at some point it appears because the paint is broken away around them. What do you guys think, am I out of line?

No the pins troubled me from the start, but you see stranger things on helmets that is right for the helmet, sometime you know right off if it's wrong this is what makes it fun it makes a person dig deeper and pay attention to the details. Marty