Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M40?

Article about: Phew where do you start, I am in the market for a helmet as the last one I had i sold 33 years ago as a 17 year old who wanted some money for a motorbike, oh well you live and learn. so havi

Default M40?

Phew where do you start, I am in the market for a helmet as the last one I had i sold 33 years ago as a 17 year old who wanted some money for a motorbike, oh well you live and learn. so having bought what was presented as a genuine helmet I learnt the hard way that it wasn't more a post war civil. I have now been offered this my thought on it are wrong colour,certainly fake chinstrap and possibly liner. Decals don't know. it has the serial numbers 062 on the left chinstrap area and 2 letters that are very hard to see above the numbers 390. To me it looks like an M40 with the pressed in air vents.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40?   M40?  

M40?   M40?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40?
    P
    Many

It's a wartime M40 yes, the left chinstrap area stamp will be Q62, for Quist and the shell size of 62 cm. That's where the good news ends though I'm afraid, bad decals, paint, liner and strap. This isn't the one you want.

Thank you for your quick responce, well at least i am learning ..Fast !!. I guess its not worth £200 .
    At least i got the model right,and suspected everything else bar the shell. getting the feel for it now although there is a lot to learn as there seems to be more fakes out there than real.

Thanks

If you hang around the forums you'll be surprised how fast you'll pick it up It's not worth £200 at all, more like £50 for the shell if that. For only a bit more than £200 you could get a nice all original no decal M42.

you are right the fakes are legion, FAR more out there than good ones.

Ok thanks ,I will carry on the seach...

Yeah you don't want this one.

It is a turd, and no mistake.

Hi , the chaps have told you all you need to know , give this a wide berth , it is a ruined M40. Leon.

?

Quote by magneto View Post
    ...there seems to be more fakes out there than real.
    Welcome to the forum magneto. Your looking in all the wrong places if all you find are terrible fakes like this. Read the pinned thread on looking for an SS helmet and apply that logic to any helmet. $200 real DD M40 Heer's dont exist btw. M40 DD Heer I know of about 4-5 real ones.

Thanks for all the advice much appreciated, I have a long way to go but hopefully I will get there in the end. I told the chap that it wasn't for me rather than string him along as there is nothing worse than not giving folk common courtesy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast