Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M40?

Article about: Hey guys since my luftwaffe M35 DD is on the way I’m thinking of adding a M40 to my collection that way when I have them on the shelf it goes from M35DD,M40SD,and M42ND I thought that would

Default M40?

Hey guys since my luftwaffe M35 DD is on the way I’m thinking of adding a M40 to my collection that way when I have them on the shelf it goes from M35DD,M40SD,and M42ND
    I thought that would be a cool display since I already have the M35 and M42. So I wanted your guy’s thoughts and opinions. I would like to either get a M40 SD or a M40 Camo Helmet, let me know your thoughts on this thank you guys as always my friends.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40?
    P
    Many

A single decal M40 will be much easier to find, and much easier to authenticate. Camouflage helmets are always going to be a minefield. Due to the hand-applied nature of the paintwork, they can be notoriously difficult to authenticate. There are veteran helmet collectors who avoid them entirely for that reason alone.

With a plain SD M40, you'll have a much better choice. While not the most affordable variant of German helmet, they are certainly the most common. Price range can vary widely depending on the condition of the decal and the overall condition of the lid itself. You can shop around until you find one that really speaks to you.

Regards, B.B.

Hey guys just to add a bit more to this thread I’m looking at getting this helmet it is not expensive at all everything looks good to me with the split pins not looking like they’ve been messed with the liner drawstring looks like a replacement but the helmet is only 500 usd which I thought might be a good deal. I also like the rough look about it let me know what you guys think.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40?   M40?  

M40?   M40?  

M40?   M40?  

M40?   M40?  

M40?  

I would look for a better example , there are many nicer LW helmets.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    I would look for a better example , there are many nicer LW helmets.
    Agree...Another $200 & you should be able to find one in much nicer condition. This one the leather looks very dry & the liner fingers are starting to crack & will get worse after a short period of time.
    D.

Alright thank you guys I will wait. I think the looking is just as much fun as buying anyways lol
    Also guys I just keep my helmets on a shelf in my closet is there a certain way I should store them to keep them from aging badly.?

Quote by Giants77 View Post
    Alright thank you guys I will wait. I think the looking is just as much fun as buying anyways lol
    Also guys I just keep my helmets on a shelf in my closet is there a certain way I should store them to keep them from aging badly.?
    Leaving them sat on a shelf won't hurt them at all. In fact that's how most collectors display them. If there's no drawstring on the liner, you'll want to stuff a ball of tissue paper underneath it to prevent the fingers from drooping. Otherwise, the usual applies. Avoid extremes of heat and cold, and keep the item out of direct sunlight. The leather components are more vulnerable to the latter, as UV exposure will cause them to dry out and crack.

One important thing to add. If the helmet has a chinstrap, do not leave it folded over the brim of the helmet. The edge of the shell will wear through it and it'll eventually snap. Rest it on the shelf beneath it, like so...

M40?

Regards, B.B.

Alright awesome thank you for the advice Brodie! awesome display you have there!!! One more thing to add is that a Luger P-08 I spy there

I’m trying to get my hands on a Walther P-38 Brodie, any dealer recommendations?

That is indeed a Luger in the case. BYF 42, Portuguese contract.

Whereabouts in the world are you? Feel free to PM me, if you want to discuss this in more depth without running this thread off the rails.

B.B.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast