Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M40 authentic?

Article about: Dear all, May I ask you what you are thinkink about this M40? With best wishes alter musketier Annoyed from this ads?  

Default M40 authentic?

Dear all,

May I ask you what you are thinkink about this M40?

With best wishes
    alter musketier

M40 authentic?

M40 authentic?

M40 authentic?

M40 authentic?

M40 authentic?

M40 authentic?

M40 authentic?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 authentic?
    P
    Many

Looks cleaned. Not one for me. Liner looks ok though.

ok.

4md
    ?

Yep, too much cleaning going on for me as well

Yes I don't get the scrapping or cleaning as stated has been a fairly nice original m40. timothy

Are you buying it and if so what is the asking price? When condition is not the best the price is everything. Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Dear all,

Thank you very much for your evaluations! The helmet has been offered at an auction and I was not sure about bidding. At the moment it's about 100 Euro.

With best wishes
    alter musketier

From the green paint (well, what remains of it) i would say it was issued to Norway postwar, although the liner does look pretty good and does not looked to have been dyed brown which is common on post war Norwegian army issue German helmets.

Cheers
    Harry

Quote by Harry Davey View Post
    From the green paint (well, what remains of it) i would say it was issued to Norway postwar, although the liner does look pretty good and does not looked to have been dyed brown which is common on post war Norwegian army issue German helmets.

Cheers
    Harry
    Kind of tend to agree with you after looking at helmet again it is hard to tell paint in lighted settings does look like it could be Norway, Denmark or some of the countries that used them after the war that might explain the scraping going on chinstrap looks odd also like it might be a replacement also. timothy

Quote by Harry Davey View Post

Cheers
    Harry
    Hi, I will add that I am not sure that those are the original liner pins? It may just be the photo's but they look rather flat to me? Maybe the liner has been replaced, personally I would not bid for this one. Leon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast