Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M40 Camo helmet opinions

Article about: Hey guys so I found this camo with a nice price tag on it, I like the camo but the only thing I had a question on was the liner as to me it doesn’t seem like it matches the condition of the

Default M40 Camo helmet opinions

Hey guys so I found this camo with a nice price tag on it, I like the camo but the only thing I had a question on was the liner as to me it doesn’t seem like it matches the condition of the helmet but wanted to seek your guy’s opinions thank you! It’s also an ET 62
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 Camo helmet opinions   M40 Camo helmet opinions  

M40 Camo helmet opinions   M40 Camo helmet opinions  

M40 Camo helmet opinions  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Camo helmet opinions
    P
    Many

I'm not keen on the camo - to me it looks like it has been deliberately scrubbed down. You can really seen this in the last photo.
    It also looks like it may have been painted over some rust spots as can be seen by the way it is flaking away.
    Just my opinion though from these photos.

Nick

Hi, in hand it may look better, but there seems to be a hell of a lot going on regarding wear on this helmets camo? Very heavily worn with a lot of odd looking "scratches", yet as you say the interior is very clean? Even if you take into account the liner may have been swapped, the interior paint is still in a much better state than I would expect from the exterior wear. Personally I am not keen on it as it stands but that's just my opinion. Leon.

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    I'm not keen on the camo - to me it looks like it has been deliberately scrubbed down. You can really seen this in the last photo.
    It also looks like it may have been painted over some rust spots as can be seen by the way it is flaking away.
    Just my opinion though from these photos.

Nick
    Beat me to it Nick!! Leon.

Here is a another photo from the sellers site of the interior, which looks more worn and rusty.
    However, i still question all those exterior scratches that look very deliberate to me - let's see what others think...

M40 Camo helmet opinions

Without seeing it in hand I would pass. The liner is already a good indicator that something is wrong , it looks too good compared to the pitted edge. I don't like the damage spotting either looks all done at the same time.
    For the next helmet , always request a close-up of the where the decal is located. It's essential when you look for a camo.

Dav
    ?

Although I am far from the expertise of some of the other members here, I second the fact about the liner. A camo helmet would have most certainly seen heavy combat use, and the liner doesn't show that.

MAP
    ?

I'm with Frank. The paint vs the pitted edge worries me a bit.

The stacking ring looks contrived as well

I would like to see it however and get a close up view of the details
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

There appears to be little if any original paint under the camo which is odd with this being especially apparent in the photo of the pitted front visor. The liner does appear to be only lightly used and the drawstring looks almost brand new. Too many questions with this one.

Thank you guys! I asked the seller what he though of the liner and why it’s in such a better condition of the shell and he beleives it is due to it being stored in a humid area so he thinks it might have affected the just the shell and that’s why the liner is in good condition. But like you guys said a camo helmet would’ve been worn and the liner doesn’t seem to be even worn hardly at all who knows I guess a mystery and one to stay away from I thought I might try it as it came from one of the top dealers in German helmets inc. also that stacked ring on top of the helmet does seem weird. Thank you everybody for your opinions!! Saved me some cash !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast