Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M40 camo with wire?

Article about: Hi all! I'm thinking of purchase this M40 camo with wire, but i'm not sure about the originality of it.. the camo and the wire, original wire helmets are so much often fakes, and the same wi

Default M40 camo with wire?

Hi all!
    I'm thinking of purchase this M40 camo with wire, but i'm not sure about the originality of it.. the camo and the wire, original wire helmets are so much often fakes, and the same with the camo. What do you think about it?

This are the only photos that i have, i hope they could be enough

Thank you very much!

M40 camo with wire?M40 camo with wire?M40 camo with wire?M40 camo with wire?M40 camo with wire?M40 camo with wire?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 camo with wire?
    P
    Many

The helmet is a prepared camo with wire, both of them postwar, so my doubts are solved now, not original.

If admin want to remove this post, feel free to do it, thanks

Hi William, I have only just seen this but as you know already that is not an original cammo paint scheme. The colours look wrong and the gauge of the spray is a modern type. The wire shows no real "grounding" to the steel either, but then it wouldn't as it was put there yesterday! One ruined helmet, well avoided. Leon.

Looks like another aerosol or airbrush camo!...

?

When you hear the words "camo" and "wire" in the same sentence you should automatically assume the helmet is fake and using an analytical approach to the helmet see if it passes the eyeball test.

Good job being cautious and you are correct, this is one of the bad ones as 99% of "camo wires" are.

Thank you very much guys! i try to being cautious with all the german stuff out there and specially with helmets, I keep on improving my knowledge, step by step and this forum had helped me a lot, and i'm sure some day i will be the one who give advices to others, thanks!