Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

M40 camo wired

Article about: Recently purchased I had to make an on the spot decision, I believe it to be original and the wire and helmet shows no rust. Manufacturer ET 64, No: 237.

Default Re: M40 camo wired

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-he...hlhelm-104813/
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-he...cal-ss-104312/
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/steel...hlhelm-103004/

this is just 3 quick threads each one you have defended against experts in helmets. sometimes you say you have had them for years others a recent purchase
    the only think im not too keen on is when someone says something you either go crazy or you don't thank them after they have spent time telling you its original https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/steel...hlhelm-133214/

thats what i personally find a bit concerning............... but then thats just me someone helps me i thank them

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40  camo wired
    P
    Many

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    I thought that the thread started with the representation that this helmet was "recently purchased" ...Or was it from a French Uncle? Sorry, but the provenance of several of the helmets related in these threads has been, how does one put it delicately - somewhat fluid. It would be easier for some members to be less blunt if the posts were more forthright. Just an observation from someone with no dog in the fight.
    I completely agree with you there. This isnt the first topic of questionable helmets you have made, yet each topic seems to follow the same path. You ask for opinions and for help, yet you dont want to hear the reply. Yes people can be short at times, but with the number fake or fantasy helmets you show, and the same attitude displayed and with your eyes closed you can hardly blame them for not wanting to elaborate.

Please let us know your source for this material, so we all have the heads up. You said it yourself, this place is for discussion and help, we try to help you, but you dont return the favor.

Can't the threads regarding the helmets that have been posted by reichss get locked as they've been evaluated and answers with an explanation has been given from the experts? Its just a matter of time before the insults potentially get thrown into the mix which is what has happened several times in the past.

Thanks

Danny

I seem to have stirred up a hornets nest not that it is my intention. I did reply some time ago that as I approach my seventies I do have periods where my memory is not all it used to be, some days better than others.
    I have collected so many 3rd reich items over the years and have in excess of forty helmets, visors and caps, many I honestly don't remember when or even how much I paid for them years ago.
    Enclosed a couple of photos to to show some of my collection.. Yes sometimes I get aggrieved to have items which in the past were sold to me as originals revealed as fakes, repros etc. I thought some of my questioning in response to members views were relevant, I just get frustrated when something is labelled fake without any input as to why, hence my having to question them.
    This will be my last post on this site, thanks to all who contributed.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40  camo wired   M40  camo wired  

M40  camo wired   M40  camo wired  

M40  camo wired  

Quote by reichss View Post
    This will be my last post on this site, thanks to all who contributed.
    So be it...
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5