Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M40 Camo for your review

Article about: IMO, it is a post war camo paint job, not recent but post war regardless. Liner is original, but may or may not be original to the shell (no way to be sure from the pics), but it's been ther

Default M40 Camo for your review

thank you

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Camo for your review
    P
    Many

?

Is that an NS helmet?

?

Interesting....as wierd as it looks, that Cammo is very much of "the period" Art Deco if you will.....I know the French employed artists to design their camouflage, and this does remind me of the types of camouflage patterns produced....

To my eyes it does have a very period look

Hi , that is a very unusual pattern of cammo , that said I actually quite like it! It certainly appears to have age to it and apart from a few scratches that look very similar it looks good. Those scratches if they were all around the helmet would make me say "tooled and aged" fake but they are not,only one small area. I am leaning towards this possibly being a good helmet,the edges of the rim look consistently aged and I like the rust peep through too.The condition of the liner seems consistent to the shell as well. That said an in hand with this as with any cammo would be needed. Leon.

The photos are way too bad to authenticate that camo but it appears to be in a collector's hands.
    I would proceed with caution and don't get your hopes up , so far I am not a fan.

Can we have pictures under the sun ? To the day light.

The paint looks really pretty, but not old IMHO, but better pics might help or at least if those posted were directly to the site where you could then have a proper look at them rather than linked might help. Even then, still needs better pics in daylight to really tell, but to my eyes not period done.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Looks like painted postwar to me, but better pictures can help to confirm

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    The paint looks really pretty, but not old IMHO, but better pics might help or at least if those posted were directly to the site where you could then have a proper look at them rather than linked might help. Even then, still needs better pics in daylight to really tell, but to my eyes not period done.
    I'm with Jerry!....

Pure helmet erotica.....50 Shades of Grey.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast