Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

M40 DD Heer helmet for review

Article about: The paint is M35 tone, I'd wager all the parts are 1940 or earlier dated since it is an M40 with M35 specs.

Default Re: M40 DD Heer helmet for review

In my opinion that price is too high for a SD Heer in this condition and TOO LOW for a Double Decal M40 Heer in any condition. Is the seller a dealer? If so, that in and of itself would be a big red flag.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 DD Heer helmet for review
    P
    Many

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    In my opinion that price is too high for a SD Heer in this condition and TOO LOW for a Double Decal M40 Heer in any condition. Is the seller a dealer? If so, that in and of itself would be a big red flag.
    Yes I agree with you on the price - It is a private seller and doesn't seem to know much about militaria in general so who knows?? I wouldn't pay that for an SD heer but also wouldn't go for it if the opinions were not looking good on the national shield

Thanks for all comments so far guys - will post the additional pictures when they come

Chris.

Daylight photos have arrived, the shell is a Q64 but the seller can't find any other markings (possibly under the name) All further comments appreciated!
    Cheers,
    Chris.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 DD Heer helmet for review   M40 DD Heer helmet for review  

M40 DD Heer helmet for review   M40 DD Heer helmet for review  

M40 DD Heer helmet for review  

That's not a Q bigfoot decal, and I think the other Q M40 with 2 decals I've seen had a BF. I will try to find the picture. Still not convinced personally, I'd want a close look at it. It could even be a ND M40 at this point IMO.

Strangely, the decal that most convinces me is the tricolour, but something is nagging me.

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    That's not a Q bigfoot decal, and I think the other Q M40 with 2 decals I've seen had a BF. I will try to find the picture. Still not convinced personally, I'd want a close look at it. It could even be a ND M40 at this point IMO.

Strangely, the decal that most convinces me is the tricolour, but something is nagging me.
    Also been struggling to find anything to compare it to!

The liner, chinstrap, and paint are original. Hopefully Doug and Frank will chime in on the decals.

Corey

To my lightly trained eyes, I like the Heer decal. Not liking the tri-color though. Just putting my opinion in writing so I can't deny it later, if it is debunked!

the tricolour seems to have rust bubbles underneath the decal as though applied at a later date ? looks a nice original lid though

The recorded double decal M40 Heer helmets so far are all over the place (different makers so no consistency) and there are only a handful recorded so it's important not to overpay for this one and perhaps it's safest to buy it at single decal price.
    I'm being extra careful here but so far I like what I see of the tricolor (The Heer decal is a good one for sure).

Hello all!! I have only just seen the thread so sorry for being in late on this one. I have been looking at this one for quite a while now and i am stuggleing to find real fault with it.I to am just so aprehensive though as these DD M40 lids are so rare!! The national shield and heer decal both look to have a consistant level of wear to the shell as does the liner and chinstrap.The name paint also has a bit of rust peeping through so that may be ok too.If you can get it at the price of a single decal heer i would have a punt,this is a real tough one to call butyou just may get a real stunner!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast